Road Trippin' In The Rx300

blk_on_blk

I thought I might try a little bit of a different thread here... a fun thread. I'm hoping maybe we can get some great snap shots of owner's RX300s in cool places around the globe. I'll kick it off with a shot of our '99 RX300 at a little cabin/cottage in Wallowa Lake just at the base of the Eagle Crest wilderness in Eastern Oregon state. It's known as 'little Switzerland' for the low valley floor and dramatic peaks of the mountains. It's one of the top 10 Northwest lakeside destinations... and the RX300 took us there!

post-34901-1222273745_thumb.jpg

What an awesome pic!!! I love those trees, I've never been out there and I would love to go. Hey blk_on_blk, is your RX's bottom panel painted black as well, or is it the gray around the bottom? I have the same color on my 02 but my bottom is a dark gray, in the photo yours looks all black to me.

Yeah, the previous owner had the hood replaced, and when he did he had it and the whole lower body panels color matched... then he/she put on some RX330 wheels. It's strange how different it makes the early gen RX look (to me at least). It does look a bit newer, but then it leaves it with a bit of a Murano look to it, too. I like the mono-chromatic look, and so far it's the only one I've seen like it.

There are so many amazing places to go here in the PNW, and Wallowa Lake was a place my parents took me as a kid, so I had to go back. If you ever get a chance to go, there is a tram there that takes you up to the top of Mt. Howard (about 3500'), and at the top the chipmunks are so friendly they'll jump right in your lap and eat right out of your hand. Also, down at the resort, the deer will walk right up to you and eat out of your hand, too, if you have something for them. Not many places where the animals of the wild are so relaxed they'll come out and hang out with people.

post-34901-1222818619_thumb.jpg

post-34901-1222818763_thumb.jpg

post-34901-1222818784_thumb.jpg

Yeah, man that looks nice painted one color, I mean I like mine too, but I think a solid color looks a little better. I guess that is why I really like the look of the 330/350's now. I am having body work done to mine as you may remember from my purchasing it thread, and maybe I'll ask them how much more it would be to shoot the lower part black as well.

BTW, awesome pic of the chipmunk :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...