Turn Signal Bulbs

DanizGX470

I have an '05 and I'm trying to change the turn signal/DRL bulbs. The manual says they are 4157, but when I pulled the current bulb out it's not a 4157, it's an 1156. In order for me to even put a 4157 in, I would have to change the socket. Has anyone else noticed this? or did someone rewire my lights?

It may be the same thing. Are the bulbs the same size? I know, with the plate lights, the sylvania bulb site says that (for example) the plate lights are 168 but 194 bulbs fit perfectly. Lexus dealership says that the plate light bulbs are 193 or 192, but I believe it's all the same. If it's the same size, and fits, it will definitely work. ;)

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/A...LRG-Results.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Use the 1156 bulb. I have an '05 as well, and I ran into this same issue a few months back. I had an 1156 bulb in one side and a 4157 in the other. The 4157 had burned out and I was having difficultly removing it from the socket. Turns out, someone had mistakenly crammed the 4157 bulb into the socket, but as you point out, that bulb DOES NOT fit in that socket. I had to break the 4157 bulb and pull it out of the socket in pieces being careful not to harm the socket. I replaced it with an 1156 bulb which popped right in and works great. Bottom line: use 1156.

• 1 year later...

The owner's manual info is incorrect. My '08 GX says the front turn signal bulb is a "1156A" wedge base. 1156 bulbs are bayonet base. The manual also says the rear turn signal bulb is a 7440, which is not an amber bulb. The '09 bulb list from Sylvania seems to list the correct bulb numbers for my '08.

• 2 months later...