94 Ls400 Surging In Gas Pedal

jdanger

I wasn't sure how to word this, my 94 LS400 with 130,000 miles has some sort of surging I can feel in the gas pedal. I thought maybe a tranny thing and had 3 tranny guys drive it all said they felt nothing (it doesn't do it all the time) but regardless had the fluid and filter changed (it needed to be done anyway). Has anyone experienced anything like this? I don't think there is any movement in the Tach when this happens. Someone mentioned maybe a throttle body thing, may dad says his corolla does something similar.

Anyway any help in the next direction to look would be great. If it won't hurt anything then I don't care, it is just noticeable, doesn't really bug me.

Thanks!

Joe

I wasn't sure how to word this, my 94 LS400 with 130,000 miles has some sort of surging I can feel in the gas pedal. I thought maybe a tranny thing and had 3 tranny guys drive it all said they felt nothing (it doesn't do it all the time) but regardless had the fluid and filter changed (it needed to be done anyway). Has anyone experienced anything like this? I don't think there is any movement in the Tach when this happens. Someone mentioned maybe a throttle body thing, may dad says his corolla does something similar.

Anyway any help in the next direction to look would be great. If it won't hurt anything then I don't care, it is just noticeable, doesn't really bug me.

Thanks!

Joe

Okay so driving it last night for quite the distance with my cruise control on (I believe the cruise is going cause it is surging) it is doing the same thing only to a much lesser degree when I am driving without the cruise on. Thats the best way to describe what it is doing.