How To Reduce Headlight Timer? / Headlight Doesn't Turn Off After

shubhan

Hi,

I bought a used LS 430. When the headlight is on Auto, if I park my car and lock it, the headlights remain on for 30 seconds. How can we reduce this timer?

If we take it to a Lexus dealer, will they charge us for changing this?

Regards,

Shubhan

I posted information about the 2001 LS430 customizable settings in this thread: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=50816

One thing you might consider is putting the year of your car in your profile so people can better answer your questions.

As you can see in the attachment in the above thread, the headlight shutoff delay can be turned off or set to 30, 60 or 90 seconds.

I suspect most people do what I do -- press the lock button on the key a second time to turn the headlights off immediately.

Dealers and repairs may customize LPS settings at no charge if your car is in for other work. Normally, customizable settings are changed for free only at the first 1,000 mile service. Regardless, changing the settings can be done quickly.

Consider analyzing the LPS list and driving your car a while to see if there are other customizable settings you would like to have changed.

I don't have as many LPS choices on my 2000 LS400 as there are on the LS430 but the only setting I have changed is to increase the interior light shutoff delay to the maximum.