Front Bumper Repair

lrcf

I would take it to a reputable body shop, they will not charge you a thing to examine it and tell you, and if it is a good shop, not sleazy, they will be honest and tell you if it can be pulled out and smoothed out or if it needs to be replaced.

How pushed in is it? If the styrofoam or bumper frame isn't damaged, you can pop the plastic out yourself but do it fast...the longer you let the plastic sit crinkled, the harder it is to pull out and come out smooth. I did this to a ES300 rear bumper with good success. Had hairline cracks in the paint but it didn't flake after 3 years. One caveat is that the ES300 sits in Orange Co Calif, very mild steady temps.

If you can, turn your car into the sun, let it sit for several hours and then take your wife's hair dryer out to the car. Gently heat the bumper until that section of the bumper cover is unusually warm (note that I didn't say hot). While it is still quite warm, reach up from behind and gently "assist" the bumper back into to position. I have done this one time and you can't tell unless I point it out. The big caveat is that you have to have access to the back of the bumper cover. Of course, you can take the bumper cover off with an hour or so labor and then do this easily, if you can't reach from the back side.