Climate Control

Hello there. well I have a 93 Lexus SC300 and the climate control unit lcd is black . looking to replace the unit or maybe somebody knows the how to fix this matter. any help will be appreciated. Marlon :(

This is a very common problem, and will require replacement of the climate control unit, since repair is beyond the capabilities of average do-it-yourselfers. You can find good used CC units on eBay (verify it is for your model and that it is guaranteed to be functional), or you can send yours out for repair. If you bid on used ones, I'd first verify with a dealer which year models are interchangeable - not all will swap out. There is a company out of California that does a very good job and is used by many Lexus dealers to do the repairs. Do a google search for "Lexus climate control repairs". Do the same sort of search on eBay. There is also a company out of New Jersey that does the repairs; they are a little more expensive but offer a lifetime warranty on their work, as I recall and they are on eBay. Expect to pay $150-200 for repairs, or you can bid on used ones on eBay- sometimes for as little as $75.00.

Hello there. well I have a 93 Lexus SC300 and the climate control unit lcd is black . looking to replace the unit or maybe somebody knows the how to fix this matter. any help will be appreciated. Marlon :(

well thank you so much for the info. I'm already looking on ebay and other places for the unit. thanks again

• 2 years later...

I know this is dredging up an old thread and subject but wanted to let anyone interested know that we (my son and I) replaced the blacked out temp/clock display in my 92 LS400. Got the new display off of ebay for $45 including shipping and extra LED backlight bulbs (which were also burned out). Here is the link if interested -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170447204098#ht_500wt_1182