2002 Gs430

Hi all,

My gs has some problems >>> both of the front windows acting so weirrrr. :cries:

When you roll up or down the windows >>> some time it work like normal but some time it stuck.

When it stuck >>> some time it stop working for a few minutes and then it work again but it will roll up or down slower than normal.

When it stuck >>> some time it will go opposite the way you want it go >>> for example: if you roll up half way or all the way and if it stuck some time it will roll down automatically.

I took the car to the Lexus: At first technician confused....and do not known what was the cause....and they think that the master switch went bad...so they replaced them...it working o.k. for a few days and the same problems came again.:chairshot:

Then I decided to take to another Lexus: It took the technician for 2 days to find out the problem...they claimed the all wire connectors / connection are dirty...so it need to be clean....o.k after cleaning... the car working o.k. for a few days... and then the problems occurring again.:chairshot:

If anyone in here might know the cause(s) and may be can help me out.:cries:

Thank you very much.

It sounds like when they stop working and then go slow that the circuit breaker has been tripped due to an overload, which can be casued by a short circuit. When the circuit breaker cools and comes back online, they work again. Since you say that sometimes they come down all of a sudden when you really want them to go up, it may have something to do with the anti-pinch feature that will not allow an obstruction such as your fingers to become stuck in a closing window. Does this happen with any and all windows? Or is it just one particular window. Have the Lexus Technician ever experienced the problem while the car was in the shop?

Thank you, mlgs300

The problems only occure just the 2 front windows (for now).

Yes, the technician saw it...and they play with it for 2 days...the only explainations from them was connector dirty / contaminated...and then they clean all all the connections that appear to be dirty>>>the windows seem to work fine (but slow) for a few day....and the problems come back again.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to agree with mlgs300 on the circuit breaker theory. Sounds like you have too much drag on the window and it's pulling too many amps. The track might be dirty, or the leavers inside the door that lift it up, or even you motor(s) might be on their way out. I agree with lexus that the connections may have been bad, that would also be the fist thing I would have tried. I'm supprised lexus didn't try harder to figure it out, you need to measure the amprage going to the window motor, harder then it sounds, but I would say that's the next step.

I just picked up a GS430 and the front windows are much slower then the rears, so I'm thinking I may end up with the same problem as you, good news for you, bad news for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

My gs has some problems >>> both of the front windows acting so weirrrr.:cries:

When you roll up or down the windows >>> some time it work like normal but some time it stuck.

When it stuck >>> some time it stop working for a few minutes and then it work again but it will roll up or down slower than normal.

When it stuck >>> some time it will go opposite the way you want it go >>> for example: if you roll up half way or all the way and if it stuck some time it will roll down automatically.

I took the car to the Lexus: At first technician confused....and do not known what was the cause....and they think that the master switch went bad...so they replaced them...it working o.k. for a few days and the same problems came again.:chairshot:

Then I decided to take to another Lexus: It took the technician for 2 days to find out the problem...they claimed the all wire connectors / connection are dirty...so it need to be clean....o.k after cleaning... the car working o.k. for a few days... and then the problems occurring again.:chairshot:

If anyone in here might know the cause(s) and may be can help me out.:cries:

Thank you very much.

You're not alone on this issues. This has happen to me right after I had my car washed. It occure on the right door, when I role up the window and it sudden went down instead. Yes, it's freaky. I've the car wash guys had damaged it. So I took it apart and clean the

connector and now it seem to work ok for now but will see what happen later on..

Hi, The same thing happens on my 2002 GS300. My driver window goes down perfectly, but to come up it sometimes goes down or doesn't move at all. After a while it comes up good. This goes on for a few days or weeks then it completely goes away. My brother in law is a Lexus mechanic and I had him check it out. He nasically told me that the switch to control the window was bad and costs around $400. It's working good now, but who knows when it's going to die completely...

Well if it's the switch, I would try calling Billy's Used Toyota And Lexus Parts to get another one cheap as a try me. Or maybe you have a friend that would swap with you and you could see. That would be easy.

http://www.billystoyotaparts.com/

Hi, The same thing happens on my 2002 GS300. My driver window goes down perfectly, but to come up it sometimes goes down or doesn't move at all. After a while it comes up good. This goes on for a few days or weeks then it completely goes away. My brother in law is a Lexus mechanic and I had him check it out. He nasically told me that the switch to control the window was bad and costs around $400. It's working good now, but who knows when it's going to die completely...