Wood Trim Delamination

Hi all. Looked at a 99 GS300 for the wife...decent shape. The are3 or4 interior wood trim pieces that have delaminted...in other words, the plastic-ey top coat has come off the wood. Anyone else run into this?

Also....seems the switch for the drivers seat heater is bad. No big deal, I assume?

Also I headlight (low beam) out. Just a routine bulb replacement?

Thanks!

The wood trim in these cars is manufactured using processes developed in part with the Yamaha musical instrument company. Usually, the trim lasts beautifully for years and years, as do fine musical instruments also made of wood. I would suspect a previous owner(s) did something to exacerbate the situation of delamination.

What makes you think the switch for the heated seat has gone bad? If it is just the fact that the orange light in the switch does not light, you may need just a bulb. The heated seat switch assembly includes both switches, one illumination bulb (twist in base) and two proprietary rubber-based, "T"-shaped bulbs. Then these little bulbs burn out, the switch still works but you have no orange light. They are Lexus-only bulbs. If you need the info., there are several previous posts concerning how to remove the center console trim and get at the back of the switch.