Oil Nd Trans Fluid Change

timothy

hello, for the first time had my oil changed by someone else then the dealer. they worked on my gm cars for the last ten years never a problem, never asked if they worked on toyota or lexus. saved lots of money. got four oil changes, four tire rotations, four saftey inspection, $80. went in the shop twice to watch them work on my car. also had the trans flushed and fluid changed. (04 es330, 52000 miles). watched them do that too. clean work, good people. small chain about 6 or 7 stores. how about power steering fluid, can i change that myself? worked on a lot of gm cars, never worked on my lexus. any help would be great.

thanks,

tim

For the power steering fluid, I just get an empty spray bottle & siphon it right out of the resivoir. It will take ATF fluid Dexron III or equivalent.....I use synthetic ATF. Change it every 2 years or 30k miles.

:cheers:

• 6 months later...
hello, for the first time had my oil changed by someone else then the dealer. they worked on my gm cars for the last ten years never a problem, never asked if they worked on toyota or lexus. saved lots of money. got four oil changes, four tire rotations, four saftey inspection, $80. went in the shop twice to watch them work on my car. also had the trans flushed and fluid changed. (04 es330, 52000 miles). watched them do that too. clean work, good people. small chain about 6 or 7 stores. how about power steering fluid, can i change that myself? worked on a lot of gm cars, never worked on my lexus. any help would be great.

thanks,

tim

I have a 2000 es 300 and just flushed out the power steering stystem on friday. Mine used Dexron atf, which is transmission fluid. Put the car onto jackstands and get about 4-5 ft. of vinyl tubing, make sure the i.d. is large enough to fit over the return hose going into the top of the power steering resevoir. The bottom hose is generally the inlet hose. Un-clamp the return hose and slide it off the resevoir. Next use your vinyl tubing and slide it over the return hose putting the open end into some kind of container to collect the fluid. Now it's time to start your car. have someone consistently pour atf dexron into the resevoir until the fluid comes out red into the container, shut the car off and re- attach the return hose to the resevoir. Put the cap back on the resevoir and start the car again and turn the wheels left to right,but do not hit the stops, to get air out of the line. Now top the resevoir off to the correct temperature level. As you drive the system will work the air out itself. You should check the fluid again after a few miles to make sure the fluid is at the correct level and that there is no air bubbles present. Hope this helps.

Branden