Water Pump?

eck_007

need some info :( ......... ok, my water pump is bad on my 90 ls400 w/a v8. i went to the local parts store and got one. there seems to be a few differences in them. the new pump has a smooth pully and mine has a ribed one. it also looks to be shorter from the engine to the rad. i was just wondering if they used 2 diff water pumps? the part no. for the new pump is WP 9404

need some info :( ......... ok, my water pump is bad on my 90 ls400 w/a v8. i went to the local parts store and got one. there seems to be a few differences in them. the new pump has a smooth pully and mine has a ribed one. it also looks to be shorter from the engine to the rad. i was just wondering if they used 2 diff water pumps? the part no. for the new pump is WP 9404

I did a write up on mine. I do not know how to search it other than 'water pump replacement'. It is in the tech section also.

Do NOT even consider doing this job without getting schooled on what is actually involved. Makes sure to have 2-3 days set aside where you do not need the car for transportation. I highly recommend getting a true oem japanese water pump kit for this job.

I did a write up on mine. I do not know how to search it other than 'water pump replacement'. It is in the tech section also.

Do NOT even consider doing this job without getting schooled on what is actually involved. Makes sure to have 2-3 days set aside where you do not need the car for transportation. I highly recommend getting a true oem japanese water pump kit for this job.

eck:

I agree with IS400. In reality, you want to replace your timing belt, idlers, tensioner and oh, by the way, you might as well replace the water pump while you're in there.

It may not be apparent now, but in order to replace your water pump, you must remove the timing belt. It's not like most American cars.

You might even want to pay someone who knows what they're doing to do it all for you. It's a PITA and IS400 is right; don't cut yourself on time. My days of doing it myself are over. Take a look at the procedure from LexLS.com;

LexLS Timing Belt Replacement