Hello

Gslide

Hey everyone,

My name is Gary and I live in the Houston, Tx area and I recently purchased a '92 SC400.

I haven't done anything major to it yet, other than R&R and a few small touches. The car had been sitting for over 3 years so there is quite alot to restore, but for $1500, I cant complain.

She just hit 250,500 last weekend and is still a pretty solid car with blown front everything.. and few other problems im working out

here are a few shots of it the day i got it.

I threw on my wheels for fun.. well the ones that fit

Work: VS-KF 18x10 +13 / 5zigen: FN10R-C 18x9.5 +12

sc4-1.jpg

This is with the new lights 0723081758-1.jpg

0801081731-1.jpg

and LED upgrades

shine.jpg

wink.jpg

I also have my track toy, a Nissan 240sx that I am at the final stages of my 3rd engine swap. This time I have upgraded to a 1jz with a GT35R.

lordzed.jpg

0301082050.jpg

Still gotta a long ways to go but its mounted, and most of the HARD work is done.

jz.jpg

vs.jpg

gslide.jpg

for my fellow wheel fitment whores:)

18x10 +8 (5mm spacer) 225/40 & 18x12 +0 265/35

Well, I was recently driving my SC4 and all of a sudden the engine started to missfire and run as if half of the cylnders died.

i figured the notorious ingition coil since it was one of the only things i hadn't replaced

So I did the self diagnostics and these are the codes i received.

13- RPM Signal Curcuit

14- Igniter Signal

24- Intake temp sensor curcuit

31- Low air flow meter voltage

FYI: plugs, plug wires, distributor cap & rotors had been replaced prior to this problem.

So i borrowed a friends MAF, bought 2 new ignition coils and replaced them, but still not firing.

tried resetting ecu to see if i got any different codes or difference in idle.

No luck.

Is there anything that I may have overlooked, or misunderstood from the codes?

Thanks in advance for any insght

-Gary

Welcome Gary. I thought it would be the MAF, but you mentioned that. It could be the TPS, but that has a different code. What type of Plugs and plug wires do they have, OEM, Denso, Bosch?

ANy chance something is stuck in the Intake?

Thanks UCF3

i kinda needed them, so I bought the only ones Autozone had in stock. Bad Idea #1

NGK BKR6ES-11 Copper core

and the plug wires were $60..

And on that maf... I borrowed his sensor and swapped it out, I did not replace the whole MAF housing.

Intake was clean of debris, it does have a crack. But, You can't hear a leak through it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...