92 Sc400 Won't Start

I have a 92 sc400 and recently it died on me and I was not able to get it restarted. The engine does crank but it doesn't seem to be getting any fire. After doing some reseach on this sight I decided to check the fuel ecu but it seems to be working fine. After doing more research I started looking for a possible short and I found that the wire to the camshaft position sensor had been rubbing against the serpentine belt. So I seperated the wires and then put an ohm meter to both sensors and they seemed to test within the acceptable range.

so after testing I've found the ignition coils and high tension cord are within specs but the speed sensor is not within the specs So i'm wondering if this is enough to keep my car from starting. Upon further research I've found that the speed sensor is supose to detect the crank angle. So I'm wondering if this is actually the crankshaft position sensor

I've also checked the fuel ecu and the fuel pump and they both seem to be working. The engine seems to be getting fuel. When this fist started my original thought was that it's not getting fuel but now I'm starting to think that it's not getting any spark.

I'm kinda short on cash so I'm really trying to avoid taking it to the shop. I'd run the obd test but in trying to get it started I ran the battery down so I'm sure the codes have been erased.

If anyone has got any suggestions please share. I'd like to get some possible causes for the problem and how to test to see if part is good or bad

thanks in advance for your help

Have you replaced your Spark plugs, distributor cap and spark plug wires? Any moisture in the plug chamber.

BTW: what year is your SC4?

Also, check the fuel-filter. sometimes the sensor and adopters get clogged causing this problem.

okay I managed to get hold of an fsm and the engine speed sensor i'm referencing is described as follows

THE ENGINE

RPM IS DETECTED BY THE ENGINE SPEED SENSOR INSTALLED IN THE CYLINDER BLOCK AND THE SIGNAL IS INPUT INTO

TERMINAL NE OF ECU AS A CONTROL SIGNAL.

when I test the ohms on this sensor it is nowhere near the acceptable range. I'm wondering if this is the same as the crankshaft position sensor. since I can't find that phrase in the manual. If so would a faulty one be enough to keep my car from starting