What All Is Needed For Installing An Oem Sirius Tuner?

hello I'm new here. I just bought my wife a 2008 IS250. It was pretty loaded with Nav, back up camera, bluetooth but it didn't come with satellite radio. I think the dealer wanted $800 bucks for this and now I know why they didn't install it, they would make a killing charging that much to install something that is so easy to install.

We come from driving nothing but German autos so I don't know much about these cars. I'm sure that installing the OEM satellite radio is very easy as I did it in her Mercedes and my Audi.

Without know much about these cars can someone tell me what I need to install the tuner box in this car? I found a OEM Sirius Tuner on ebay from a Lexus dealer for $250. Is this all that we need? That tuner box on ebay looks very similar to the tuner boxes we installed the the Mercedes and my Audi and it was a 45 minuter job.

Any information is helpful!

hello I'm new here. I just bought my wife a 2008 IS250. It was pretty loaded with Nav, back up camera, bluetooth but it didn't come with satellite radio. I think the dealer wanted $800 bucks for this and now I know why they didn't install it, they would make a killing charging that much to install something that is so easy to install.

We come from driving nothing but German autos so I don't know much about these cars. I'm sure that installing the OEM satellite radio is very easy as I did it in her Mercedes and my Audi.

Without know much about these cars can someone tell me what I need to install the tuner box in this car? I found a OEM Sirius Tuner on ebay from a Lexus dealer for $250. Is this all that we need? That tuner box on ebay looks very similar to the tuner boxes we installed the the Mercedes and my Audi and it was a 45 minuter job.

Any information is helpful!

For the Sirius text to come thru the nav, they will have to take apart the dash and wire it in. Don't know if you want to tackle that.

I just had the dealer do it as I am not about to take the dash apart on my brand new car. This way it is also their responsibility. The way I look at, the layout is close to $400 for the hardware. For another $400 on a car I'm already into for the mid-30s, I'd rather just have them do it. This way if any problems arise or they mar the dash or anything else inside, they can take care of it.