Stereo Lights Out...

oohryry

Last night I noticed the lights were out on my stereo. I hit it with the palm of my hand and some of the lights returned on, but the screen stayed dark along with the track tune button, number 3 and 4 preset and the balance and fader were still out. The number 3 and 4 preset has been out for months, but that didn't bother me because everything else was fine. Now I can't see the screen and this is wack. I would like to take it apart and disconnect it then reconnect to see if that helps. Do I need any special tools to do so? I've changed plenty of stereos on american made vehicles and Toyota, but my Lexus unit looks like it may need some special attention. Anyone ever had their lights to go out on the stereo? If so, what was the solution and repair cost? Thanks guys. And Gals.

stereo1.bmp

Well first off there is 10x the information you even need in the sticky up at the top of the forum.

You can't just unplug it and plug it back in and have them work...

You pull it out and send it to Mikado. They will replace bulbs and the LCD screen if needed for you and send it back.

Mikado Technology Company

8840 Forest St

Gilroy, CA 95020

Stereo is around $150 + Shipping

That will probably be your cheapest option