Factory Pioneer Radio Security Code

Toaster

Ok... I've got an issue with the lights in my cluster, radio backlights and climate control backlights. This is apparently a common problem, and relatively easy fix (cross my fingers) details can be read on This Thread

NOW, one of the steps as I understand it- is to remove the power cable from the battery. My 94 ls400 has the factory pioneer radio in it- I'm the second owner (I think), and do not have any kind of security code for this radio. (if in fact there is one???)

I'm guessing when I pull the power, the radio will reset, and then when I put power back- its gonna want a code to turn on? yes?

So my question is, while the radio is working now (because I have not pulled the power yet), is there anyway to set the security code? I don't want to fix the lights in the dash, and loose the radio in the process.

HELP.

Toaster

If the security code is set and you disconnect the battery before clearing it, you will have problems with the radio working after connecting the battery. If the security code is NOT set, you will have no problems disconnecting and reconnecting. I have the Pioneer radio in my 93 LS and have disconnected the battery many times without any problem, however, you lose the station memory settings when you disconnect but this is no big deal. Read the owners manual, it is very detailed about how it works. I was lucky and the previous owner did not have the security feature enabled on the radio.

Curt O