Help! Need To Know: Pulling Wires From Wire Harness In Trunk 92 Ls

havehopejosh

Hello i really absolutely love this site you guys help out a lot seriously! But to get to the problem i am having currently.

I bought this Ls400, the first ever lexus i bought its a 92 and runs amazing but had the "supposed transmission" problem with the vehicle thinking that my gears were slipping when actuality it was a bad wire connecting to my lamp failure sensor in the harness that was located in my trunk. And we all know that this whacked out bad wire could affect your car terribly if not taking care of hahaa. So apparently the only possible temporary fix in my eyes at the time was to drive it with out the wire harness plugged in the lamp failure sensor and it runs fine but still ILLEGAL to drive because all my lights are not on in the back so i cant drive it much really. In that event i got an idea from the local automotive electrician, and that idea was to try and isolate the problem wire by unplugging one wire at a time and testing it to see which is the lil *BLEEP* that seems to affect my tranny in order to ahve all my lamps on without that one wire that destroys my cars smoothness.. So ive been trying all day to take ONE wire out of this damn harness and i cant seem to get one out of there to start on this lil project. So its a really dumb question but...how do i take a wire out of this wire harness...

ive tried:

1 flat screw driver

bobby pins

and what not...its not budging...or im just not doing it right at all

help?? anyone? please?? :ph34r:

Getting a single wire out of a harness can be pretty difficult. I don't really know what a Lexus connector that big looks like but I am assuming they all come together into the main plastic connector.

From the connector there is all the holes which represent the wires and behind those plastic holes should be metal ones for the wires to make contact. You have to pull the latter out of the former which can be difficult and may end up ruining the wire(s) or even the connector plastic. That is of course if I am following you right?

I would recommened a Google search and seeing what others have to say. You would think heat but it is hard to isolate heat on one wire in a bundle.

My mind is running through stuff. Do you have any pics? Maybe taking a small slotted screwdriver and running it between the plastic and the metal to try and free it that way.

Getting a single wire out of a harness can be pretty difficult. I don't really know what a Lexus connector that big looks like but I am assuming they all come together into the main plastic connector.

From the connector there is all the holes which represent the wires and behind those plastic holes should be metal ones for the wires to make contact. You have to pull the latter out of the former which can be difficult and may end up ruining the wire(s) or even the connector plastic. That is of course if I am following you right?

I would recommened a Google search and seeing what others have to say. You would think heat but it is hard to isolate heat on one wire in a bundle.

My mind is running through stuff. Do you have any pics? Maybe taking a small slotted screwdriver and running it between the plastic and the metal to try and free it that way.

Thank you so much for your quick response well yeh thats the whole deal its one plastic harness that holds 12 terminals ive googled it all day and get nothing at all from what my searches are so i have no clue how to do so i think in time by tonight or tomorrow morning ill figure it out but yeh i mean ive done such harnesses on telephones and such and thats fairly simple but this harness is a doozy heres a pic

car.jpg

thanks for all the help guys coincidentally i ran through the white wire and randomly found that it was broken the whoooole time hahaha so i didnt have to take out wires from the harness at all so i connected it and it runs like a charm and has lights now im pretty much stoked thanks again guy =] cheers :cheers: