New Es 300 Owner Saying Hello.

I bought my wife a 1999 ES300 today, it's a Coach Edition w/ 62k miles. She had a 2005 IS300, but we sold it back in 2007 (she regretted it). Since she's in grad school now we've decided to save some money and buy a used Lexus for her. This car comes from my realtor, it's a one owner that has been maintained at the dealership. I've been searching for known issues with the car, but I can't find many. Other than maybe some wind noise around the frameless windows. Wish us luck, it's our second Lexus.

Anthony

I bought my wife a 1999 ES300 today, it's a Coach Edition w/ 62k miles. She had a 2005 IS300, but we sold it back in 2007 (she regretted it). Since she's in grad school now we've decided to save some money and buy a used Lexus for her. This car comes from my realtor, it's a one owner that has been maintained at the dealership. I've been searching for known issues with the car, but I can't find many. Other than maybe some wind noise around the frameless windows. Wish us luck, it's our second Lexus.

Anthony

Welcome to the club :cheers: Enjoy the new lex B)

Welcome Anthony! B) Congrats on your 'new' ES. The wind noise around the frameless windows can be an occasional issue, but not major.

The only other major concern is the possibility of engine gelling (do a search in this forum & you will find much more info).....however, the good news is you said you know the previous owner & that they had the car regularly serviced at the dealership.

Consider switching to synthetic oil is my best suggestion for that engine & make sure oil changes are done on time, everytime. B)

:cheers:

Welcome Anthony! B) Congrats on your 'new' ES. The wind noise around the frameless windows can be an occasional issue, but not major.

The only other major concern is the possibility of engine gelling (do a search in this forum & you will find much more info).....however, the good news is you said you know the previous owner & that they had the car regularly serviced at the dealership.

Consider switching to synthetic oil is my best suggestion for that engine & make sure oil changes are done on time, everytime. B)

:cheers:

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if switching it over to Synthetic would be wise. I run Mobil1 5w-30 in my other cars, and the OEM oil filters from my 4Runner are the same part # for the ES.

My wife really likes the car, she's finally happy again, she's been upset since we sold her IS. That was a quirky car, but fun none the less. Transmission lag was a pain on the IS, the ES seems to have the same affliction, although it's not as revvy as the IS was so it's not as noticeable.

I am interested in installing a 2008 Camry Solara Nav in the ES, has anyone done this? I have the 2005 version in my 4Runner, it was an easy install.

I used Castrol Systhetic Blend 5W30. I am keeping interval six month or 5,000.

most time i reach milage first within 1-1/2 month to 2 months. I used toyota filter.

I don't have any gelling problem. cas has 325,000

Hope that helps.