New Tint Pictures (alot)

ok just got my tint done the other week just wanna get opinions.............

i got 5% on all the side windows, 35% on the front windshield, and 15% on the whole back window! i know in most states its illegal but i live in a smaller city inside of memphis and since we arent city we dont have to go through inspection! my old es300 had 3% all the way around the car with a 16" 3% strip on the front windshield and i never had any problems but 1st week i sold it to my dad he got pulled over hopefully wont happen to me! (knock on wood) anyways i could barely see the reverse lights before so i think im gonna geta rear view camera incorporated into my keyhole and running through my factory nav! oh back window isnt bubbly it just looks like it in the picture!

brian

post-62320-1216650131_thumb.jpg

post-62320-1216650138_thumb.jpg

post-62320-1216650147_thumb.jpg

post-62320-1216650158_thumb.jpg

post-62320-1216650164_thumb.jpg

post-62320-1216650169_thumb.jpg

post-62320-1216650178_thumb.jpg

well like i said i used to have a 16" 3% strip on the front and i got tired of having a line in my vision so i went with a lighter film and did the whole front. i do love it! cops here not to bad (again knock on wood) and yes i can see at night only real problem is in a DARK area backing up at night but hopefully when i put in my rear view camera it will fix that!

brian

This is a bit off-topic, but I noticed in your specs, Chris, that you have an Optima Yellow-top. How do you like that battery?

I've been through TWO of those & I have to honestly say they've been CRAP for me.. I know it's partly my fault from not always remembering to use my trickle-charger (as I only drive the GS when I have free time -- it's not my everyday driver.)

Nevertheless, it should still hold on longer than a regular battery... The Sears Diehard was more capable of starting after long periods of non-use (& no trickle-charger hooked up.) Which is just nuts.. The idea that this thing is a deep-cycle & conventional battery in one, would leave me to believe it should be more capable to start even after getting really close to dead.

Anyway, kind of makes you wonder.. And for a nearly $200 battery, their warranty is just crap. Even your basic $45-$50 battery at any auto-parts store has a 60-month or greater warranty. I realize that people buying the Optima are mostly enthusiasts and car-audio buffs so maybe their intended use is pretty hard, but still. If you make a battery that costs consumers nearly 4 times the rest, stand behind it a little.

Just my .02 -- now I'm broke. :D

I assume u were Talkin 2 me bout the battery! But my name is brian not chris. I have had no problems with the battery. It's been great 2 me for almost 3 years. N I dunno when I'll put rims on so no worries!

Brian

post-75604-1217000966_thumb.jpg
more pics

looks good man, thats a 430 right? heres a pic of my 05' 300 let me know what you think.

yeah its a 430...i wish i could afford a new one but i love my 2001 none the less

Beautiful Ride sakataj, the tints look great, but how come the tints are only 5% and they're that dark ???

They look like they are 50%, i live in Dubai and our 30% tints look lighter than yours, thats why i was wondering how come they're only 5%...

ty......30% is lighter than mine. im a little lost.........tint is gauged something like this........the lower the percentage the less light it lets in or essentially the lower the percentage the darker the tint! 5 is ALMOST the darkest u can get! i think 3 % is darkest! i dunno if they make anything darker! that make sense to u..........? i feel lost! lol so r u in dubai india or dubia like part of the united arab emirates?

brian

ty......30% is lighter than mine. im a little lost.........tint is gauged something like this........the lower the percentage the less light it lets in or essentially the lower the percentage the darker the tint! 5 is ALMOST the darkest u can get! i think 3 % is darkest! i dunno if they make anything darker! that make sense to u..........? i feel lost! lol so r u in dubai india or dubia like part of the united arab emirates?

brian

I'm lost tooo... HAHAHA

Is there a Dubai in india too LoL ???

I'm in the UAE and over here the higher the percentage the darker the tints get LoL..

Anyways thanks for the information brother, i never knew the lower the percentage the darker the tint is where U are but now i doo.. :D

I'm lost tooo... HAHAHA

Is there a Dubai in india too LoL ???

I'm in the UAE and over here the higher the percentage the darker the tints get LoL..

Anyways thanks for the information brother, i never knew the lower the percentage the darker the tint is where U are but now i doo.. :D

i thought there was a dubai india but maybe theres just the united arab emirates. :unsure: yeah u know america is backwards.......look what side we drive on! n yeah here the lower the percentage the darker the tint is! B)