Just Bought A 2006 Gs300

Hello.. I just purchased a 2006 GS300 AWD, black/tan, with 27,000 miles, fully loaded with Navigation/Mark Levinson, parking sensors, etc. I got it from a mercedes/Bentley dealer who had it cause someone traded it in for a Merc. I paid $30,500, with an out the door price of about 31,500 (including tags, taxes, fees). They wanted $34k. I think I got an awesome deal. never been in an accident, paint was clean, except for some minor chips in the front.

I do have to take it in to Lexus to check on the Sunroof (one click open does not seem to work, i have to keep the Open button pressed), and I guess the side mirrors should go down when reversing...they don't.

I used to have the 2002 GS 300, but the newer model is so much better.

Good deal!

Very good deal!

I wouldn't pay over 32k for any 2006 GSes. Luckily, I know a place that has them for that.

I think you got an awesome deal too.

Some of you paid too much for your used 06 GS300AWD. I have an auto broker that I used for my last 3 auto purchases. I just purchased a loaded charcoal gray with every option except parking assist for $31,000 including tax tag and title. He purchased it from the lexus auction in charleston that handles the lease turn- ins. It has 29,00 miles on it. I did a car fax report and had the local lexus dealer check it out. My loan officer said I received a great deal according to her NADA and has become a customer of my broker. You all are getting taken on those big proffit margins that the dealerships go after. Dealerships make more off used units than they do on new ones.

Hi,

I was interested in trading my `06 GS-300 AWD with everything but radar, 9k miles, perfect paint including the front due to having the 3M clear bra installed, on a new IS-F and was appalled at what my dealer would offer me for my trade ($25,500). I almost choked and will never ever believe another Lexus marketing hype saying how well they hold their value. Never again.....

Hi,

I was interested in trading my `06 GS-300 AWD with everything but radar, 9k miles, perfect paint including the front due to having the 3M clear bra installed, on a new IS-F and was appalled at what my dealer would offer me for my trade ($25,500). I almost choked and will never ever believe another Lexus marketing hype saying how well they hold their value. Never again.....

Why would you even consider a trade-in?

That car would sell on a Lexus GS sale forum quickly at a great price.

Try selling it here and on ClubLexus.com

Hi,

You'll have to go private seller.

Lexus Dealerships will buy from you for 25k and turn around and sell it for 35-40k

Lexus Dealerships will buy from you for 25k and turn around and sell it for 35-40k

I certainly got screwed over by the dealer in that regard. Looking at the prices on here, it seems as if I overpaid by quite a bit (06 GS300 AWD with all options except parking sensors and ML, bought in June 07 with 17.5K miles for 39K). The salesman at the dealership was a good friend of my wife's cousin's fiancee (yeah, I know that's a bit long), and so I assumed I was getting a good deal. Don't have anyone to blame but myself - I should have done more research and been more patient.

Of course, that was also more than a year ago when the automotive market was healthier, so maybe I didn't do as bad as I think I did...

• 3 weeks later...
Hello.. I just purchased a 2006 GS300 AWD, black/tan, with 27,000 miles, fully loaded with Navigation/Mark Levinson, parking sensors, etc. I got it from a mercedes/Bentley dealer who had it cause someone traded it in for a Merc. I paid $30,500, with an out the door price of about 31,500 (including tags, taxes, fees). They wanted $34k. I think I got an awesome deal. never been in an accident, paint was clean, except for some minor chips in the front.

I do have to take it in to Lexus to check on the Sunroof (one click open does not seem to work, i have to keep the Open button pressed), and I guess the side mirrors should go down when reversing...they don't.

I used to have the 2002 GS 300, but the newer model is so much better.

I'm new to the site. I just bot a 06 GS300, not AWD, but everything else: NAV, heated and cooled seats, rear sunshade, Mark Levinson, rain sensing wipers, rear spoiler.... I think the only thing that's missing is factor DVD entertainment system. Has 37k miles, immacculate paint. I took to Lexus dealership for pre-buy review ($440) and they told me to jump all over this car. No accidents and all service done at Lexus. Paid $26,700 in Texas. Man, I love this car! Had to brag....