Freeze Plugs

1993 ls 400 prior owner independent owner had 2 freeze plugs blow out on him. im guessing inproper coolant level or straight water on emergency demand. vehicle has 116000 miles on it.. mint condition.

i cant seem to find anyone who can answer this question for me.. just in case my e-mail is allappliance@aol.com you would be a god send if you can give me logical in put.. p.s. the vehicle runs smooth and does not overheat. i already had the instument panel sent out for a repair to a guy in california it kept going black on me more often than not. also today i changed the rotors and pads but im kinda concerned about painting the calipers black (high)temp) paint. some of the paint got on the bottom edge of the pads where they are held in place with those metal tension bands,do you think that will pose an issue for the pads at all when they start to move forwarward toward the rotor? or should i take the pads back out and terpentine off the paint and lube up the tention bands that keep the pads centered while sliding towards the rotors or do you feel confident that the hydraulic pressure on the caliper in more than enough to overcome some tacky set in black paint? boy o boy that was alot of typing for me...... i only hope this gets to you. haha my name is sean

hello sean and welcome to the forum........the paint should be fine. it should rub off if its in the way after you drive it around the block assuming it isn't a lot of paint! you also might find more help if you post this in the LS section as your in the GS section!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

freeze plugs blowing out? thats gnarly. all i can think of is that someone tried to take'em off and put'em back on and they stripped the freeze plug hole. you should be able to fit a bigger one on there but you'll need a a big die for it