How Do You Remove The Back Seat?

saabkyle04

I have been having problems with rattles under the rear package tray where the sunshade is located, I have a feeling something has popped loose or there is something that I can just insulate and stop the rattle. Can someone easily explain how to take out the back seat for me? I would really appreciate it! Thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...
I have been having problems with rattles under the rear package tray where the sunshade is located, I have a feeling something has popped loose or there is something that I can just insulate and stop the rattle. Can someone easily explain how to take out the back seat for me? I would really appreciate it! Thanks a lot!

If I remember correctly (I should I just did one for an a/c drain leak, it's sunday) the rear seat cushion just lifts up there are 2 clips holding it down. One on the left and right. Just put your hand under the front of the seat and pull up. You might have to give a good pull cause they sometimes stick. Do that for the other side. Once they are out just slide up and out. There should be 4 12 mm bolts that hold the bottom of the seat down. Remove the 12s and the seat should slide up. You might have to take out the headrests first just so you have some room.

Actually to remove the rear seat, you have to push the seat bottom to the rear of the car and then you lift it up at the same time. Do this one side at a time.

You take it to the dealer and let them fix it under warranty. They had my car for over a week to fix all the different noises and one of them was like the one you are describing. They did just that, removed the seat and put insulation, plus b-pillars, head liner, dash, etc. It's a lot eassier for them to keep your car when they give you a loaner I know, but it is warranty work that needs to get done by them.

I have similar rattles, but they've had the car and say they don't hear anything. Does yours do it all the time or is it sporadic? Mine seems to really rattle after it's been sitting in the heat and sun all day. I don't know if it's the rear deck or the speakers, but it does sound like it's coming from underneath the deck. It's annoying as all get out. I also have a lot of rattles coming from the windows. This car is a rattle factory.

I just took it to the dealer, had to go twice b4 the found the rattle. Turns out that it was some clips holding the rear windshield or something. It's all fixed now so it's all good. The only reason that I was going to do it myself is that I put a sub in the trunk and I was afraid to take it but turns out they didn't care and were still happy to help me =) Thanks for all of your replies everyone!!

• 5 months later...

Alright the rattle is still there, it's been there for some time now and was never fixed completely, now I have a dash rattle! my rear sub makes the package tray rattle so much, I don't think it was ever put back down properly, the dealer has looked at this at lease 3 times and I don't know what do do. Can anyone help?!?!

• 3 weeks later...
You take it to the dealer and let them fix it under warranty. They had my car for over a week to fix all the different noises and one of them was like the one you are describing. They did just that, removed the seat and put insulation, plus b-pillars, head liner, dash, etc. It's a lot eassier for them to keep your car when they give you a loaner I know, but it is warranty work that needs to get done by them.

My car did have noise : under the board and the back seat .

The car rattled under the panel evey time the car hit bumpy roads and clunked everytime I made a turn .

The dealer found problems and fix them .

Now the wind noise picks up a little bit . It is no longer quiet like it used to be !