Too Much Play In Steering...getting Worse

About a month ago my steering just out of the blew started having a decent amount of play to it. For the past month is was just when I was cruising on the highway. It would have roughly 45 degrees of play in the steering, just a complete deadzone. Today I drove it after I was out of town for a week and it seems to be moving over into the low speed as well. I am pretty positive it is not the pump simply because there is no noise and typically if a pump was going out the steering would get heavier instead of lighter?

About a month ago my steering just out of the blew started having a decent amount of play to it. For the past month is was just when I was cruising on the highway. It would have roughly 45 degrees of play in the steering, just a complete deadzone. Today I drove it after I was out of town for a week and it seems to be moving over into the low speed as well. I am pretty positive it is not the pump simply because there is no noise and typically if a pump was going out the steering would get heavier instead of lighter?

bushings need to be replaced. Check the steering rack and along steering linkage. I am not exactly sure on the terminology but this is a common problem that can be corrected with bushing replacement. They get dry, wear, and tear. Do some research on it. I have not experience this, but I have read about it. Good luck.

jack the car up and take the underpannel off. you will see the steering rack and look at the mounting points. you can check if they are worn by trying to turn the tire. if the rack moves the bushing is completely gone like mine.

jack the car up and take the underpannel off. you will see the steering rack and look at the mounting points. you can check if they are worn by trying to turn the tire. if the rack moves the bushing is completely gone like mine.

Replaced the bushing today on mine, it took a couple of parts places but I got 2 for 60 bucks. Of course it only needs one but it cleared up the issue! Steers like a champ.