My Sc400 In An Accident

so, my car was parked in a diagonal parking lot. when i got in my car, i reversed to leave, but then some honda pull in and parked straight on right next to my car. (imagine the shape of the letter (V). where you start to write is where i parked and the other is his car) and crossed his tailend over to my side and when i reversed i hitted him. the thing is his car was parked but it is till running. and the fact that he crossed my parking space meant it's not my fault, but im not sure. i also took some pics of his car way over my side, probably like 1/4 of it is. the thing that im mad at is i only got liability on the sc400, and my once used to be a nice ride is now ruin. even if i win this case i would not get any money to fix my car, but if i lose then im screw. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF I HAVE A CHANCE AT WINNING THIS CASE, AND EVEN IF I WIN I STILL LOSE CAUSE OF THE DAMAGE. THANKS.

so, my car was parked in a diagonal parking lot. when i got in my car, i reversed to leave, but then some honda pull in and parked straight on right next to my car. (imagine the shape of the letter (V). where you start to write is where i parked and the other is his car) and crossed his tailend over to my side and when i reversed i hitted him. the thing is his car was parked but it is till running. and the fact that he crossed my parking space meant it's not my fault, but im not sure. i also took some pics of his car way over my side, probably like 1/4 of it is. the thing that im mad at is i only got liability on the sc400, and my once used to be a nice ride is now ruin. even if i win this case i would not get any money to fix my car, but if i lose then im screw. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF I HAVE A CHANCE AT WINNING THIS CASE, AND EVEN IF I WIN I STILL LOSE CAUSE OF THE DAMAGE. THANKS.

In my professional opinion, I think you are both at fault, at least that's the way it would probably turn out in the US. He is at fault for parking improperly in a stall and blocking your clear exit/entrance path for the parking stall. However, you still have the duty to make sure it is safe to back up before you begin driving in reverse. It is only my opinion. Your insurance claims person would probably work out some type of deal with the other guy's claims person.

The only way I could see that it might be the other drivers fault is if he was pulling into the spot as you were backing out. Moot point I think, since insurance companies I believe treat all parking lot incidents as both parties being equally liable. Sorry bud, gotta watch them lots. I usually park a mile from everyone else because I think there are too many idiots :chairshot: in there and I can't tell which ones they are by just looking at their cars! If the lot's full, I park across the street or come back when it's empty. I don't have to be shopping when everyone is there. Better luck next time.