'93 Low Idle, Not The Iacv. Possible Causes?

chilkoot

I've had a slightly low idle since I got my car, it starts normally and idles from 1100 down to about 600 as the temp gauge approaches the first bar. It would idle, and still does, perfectly at 600 with the temp gauge between 1/4 and 1/2. Almost immediately as it reaches full temp, it would either idle at 400 or 600, seemingly at random, like the engine hunting for an A/F it liked. This never really bothered me as it's unnoticeable inside the cabin except for on the tach. However, since it's gotten hot outside it now idles at either 400 or 200 once it gets hot, and now instead of hunting between the two it's more often than not at 200, with the needle touching the zero on the gauge. The idle sounds just fine, you wouldn't know it if you couldn't see the tach.

When it started idling at 200 I bypassed the IACV out of desperation, but it made absolutely no difference in the car's behavior. I've replaced all of the ignition components within the last year except for the coils. The air filter is fine, it revs to 4k RPMs smoothly, so I doubt the fuel filter. The battery has also been disconnected multiple times with no change in behavior. The car drives smoothly otherwise, but 200 is about as low as an idle can go without shutting off on me in traffic.

Now, what is funny is that when it's idling at 200 I can depress the pedal slightly and keep it at 400 RPMs, does this point to a mis-adjusted TPS?