Oil Leaks With Is 250 / 06

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has experience oil leaks with their Lexus IS 250 (I have the 06')?

Approximately one year after I got the car, I pulled out of my newly laid interlocking driveway to see an enormous amount of oil all over the driveway. I took photos, then took the car to Lexus. They acknowledged it was a defective valve on the rear wheel axel??(whatever). They fixed it and everything was fine. Just last Sunday, I noticed that once again, an enormous amount of oil was in the middle of the driveway and all along the right side of the car from the wheel to just past the underside of the front passenger door. I looked under the car and there was oil everywhere. I took it to the dealer the next morning, they hoisted the car, but didn't let me come back to look. It took about 1/2 hour, but then they pulled me into the bay and showed me that the underside of the car was as clean as a whistle, and told me that I have driven through a large puddle of oil. I don't think so!!

If anyone has had similar oil leak issues, I would be grateful for you comments.

Many thanks,

The only oil leak problem that I'm aware of shows up near the timing chain cover.

EG001-07

2006 LEXUS GS 300, IS 250, IS 350; GR-FSE SERIES ENGINE OIL LEAK

Some 2006 model year GS 300, IS 250, and IS 350 vehicles may display evidence of a small oil leak, located on the timing cover and/or the Camshaft Housing Sub–assembly.

I have heard of some very minor oil leaks but they were only drips. Nothing that would make a big spill like you describe.

It would help if you could know what type of oil was leaking as there are many sources. Engine oil (light or dark brown or black depending on age, smells like oil), Transmission fluid (pink or dark brown depending on age, smells different the engine oil), Differential lube & CV joint lube (clear with very pungent smell), Brake fluid etc…..

Then you would know if the dealer is full of crapp or not.

Regards,

Right on, Gaugster. My first reaction was "Engine oil on the rear axle?!?" But then again, I'm not aware of any "valves" on the rear axle either... I don't even think we have breather tubes for the differential, but I can't say I've searched for it.

Try to identify the fluid first. Post a picture if you need assistance. If it doesn't show up again, well, who knows. But I think you would have remembered driving through an "oil puddle". That stuff is expensive these days.