Ac Information Gs300

I'm replacing the compressor, expansion valve and rebuilding the receiver/drier on my 98 GS300. I'm looking for information on pulling the drier and expansion valve as well as how much compressor oil and refrigerant the system requires. Tried a search but no help there.

Thanks

I'm replacing the compressor, expansion valve and rebuilding the receiver/drier on my 98 GS300. I'm looking for information on pulling the drier and expansion valve as well as how much compressor oil and refrigerant the system requires. Tried a search but no help there.

Thanks

Hope this helps...............

You owe me a beer :cheers:

AIR_COND_BULLETIN.pdf

GS_HEATING_AIR.pdf

GS_HEATING_COOLING_CHECKLIST.pdf

um.......i think im fixing to change my expansion valve too! mines going hot to cold somedays and with air movin on it i can get it to 58 but at a standstill it will get as high as 80! if you tap the expansion valve most the time it will run at 40 all day long but eventually doing this im gonna burn out my compressor! it sucks and i manage a heating/air supply house! oh fyi u cannot rebuild the dryer......and th e dryer runs almost 300 bucks! but my main ? is y are u doing all these things?even if you had a burnout you shouldnt have to replace the comressor,dryer, and expansion valve!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

The compressor went out gradually and eventually locked up. I was able to purchase the rebuild kit for the receiver dryer from a supplier so I guess I will find out if I can rebuild or not. My question still is what is the capacity of the system, oil and refrigerant?

like i said i manage a heating and air supply house in memphis and u cannot rebuild any drier in a a/c system! i dunno man! are you asking how much it holds? i think its like 640 grams......total

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

interesting! but thats not the whole dryer, its essentially just the catridge in it! but still interesting, i've worked here almost 9 years and have never even heard of a rebuild kit! course its soooooooo cheap just to buy a new one most wouldnt bother! so are you doing this yourself? i would be interested in a follow up.......pics would be great too lol! let me know how this goes

brian

Here's the catch. You can't simply replace the receiver/drier like most cars as it it built onto the side of the condenser. You would have to replace the entire thing. Yes I am doing everything my self. I'll post pictures when I can get my photobucket account working again. I took a few of the old and new stuff. The kit comes with a new desacant bag and the filter and plug. I've got it all back together and my low and high side pressures are good!

Compressor holds 4 oz of oil

19-22.9 oz of refrigerant.

You must remove the condenser to replace the desicant!

First picture is the new filter and plug compared to old one

Next picture is the Receiver Drier on the side of the condenser

Next is the old desicant bag

and then the new desicant bag fresh from the sealed plastic bag and my dirty hand!

Lexac001.jpg

Lexac003.jpg

Lexac004.jpg

Lexac005.jpg

thats what i said paul........640 grams..........each 12oz can is 320 grams of ac. didnt know u wanted the contents of the oil also so my bad sorta lol! did u pump down the system and recover the old freon or was it already "dry"? and the receiver drier is what i was referring to when i said you couldnt rebuild it! its a drier none of them rebuildable! whats your head pressure at? and your other side? mines being temperamental lately last time i checked my head pressure was at 375 i think it was and i dont like it running that high but last few days my ac will get down to 38 degrees (just like it used to before i had a problem) and its been hot as hell out here! (i have hotshot 414-b freon mixed in with my factory 134a;this is a direct drop in replacement for 134-a or r-22 and claims to run 12-15 degrees colder than either!i've used it in both my lexus's and have loved it)

brian