How Do I Get To The Back Of Nav?

So I searched this entire site and cannot find how to get to the back of the Nav screen.

I am considering buying the lockpick ultimate and i understand you need to get to the nav back

can someone point me in the right direction?

Here is a step by step to remove the screen.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227901

That's a great step by step, but it is only for the radio/head unit. It doesn't tell you the steps in removing the NAV screen.

Can anyone tell me the additional steps needed to remove the NAV screen?

I want to know how hard it is to install the ultimate lockpick 3 to get video access, bluetooth in a 2008 RX400h

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

What are you trying to do? If you are trying to install the lock pick you can do it in less than 5 minutes without doing all that stuff. The Nav unit is not in the dash in the RX hybrid. The unit is in the rear. Lift up the cover to the tool / first aid, tire jack compartment. Then lift out the entite tool tray. Under the tray you will see a milti wire plug [right rear corner] going to the NAV unit. Pull out the plug and plug the lockpick into the unit, then plug the factory plug into the lock pick plug. The whole thing takes 15 minutes the first time I did it, It took less than 5 minutes to remove it when I sold the car.

PS If you have any questions you can contact me diectly via email I would be glad to help

• 4 weeks later...
What are you trying to do? If you are trying to install the lock pick you can do it in less than 5 minutes without doing all that stuff. The Nav unit is not in the dash in the RX hybrid. The unit is in the rear. Lift up the cover to the tool / first aid, tire jack compartment. Then lift out the entite tool tray. Under the tray you will see a milti wire plug [right rear corner] going to the NAV unit. Pull out the plug and plug the lockpick into the unit, then plug the factory plug into the lock pick plug. The whole thing takes 15 minutes the first time I did it, It took less than 5 minutes to remove it when I sold the car.

PS If you have any questions you can contact me diectly via email I would be glad to help

The ultimate lockpick won't require dash disassembly, but the regular one, and lockpick-blue WILL have to be accessed behind the MFD. Different versions of the lockpick have different modular sockets, male & female. So the more expensive lockpicks can plug directly into the NAV dvd box under the tool set. Thus, some will still have to take the dash apart.

Edit:

BUT .. the good news is that even if you buy the simle lockpicks that require dash removal ... you're only taking out the panels around the radio ... it's pretty easy ... unscrew the shift knob ... pull up the shift er trim, then the trim above it pulls out, then unscrew the radio (only 4 10mm screws) then it pulls out, then the MFD pulls out. The panels pull out because they're just held in by clips. Once the mfd is pulled out, the lockpick plugs into the wire harness plug.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm considering a Lockpick too... but I have the cd/dvd changer and the rear seat dvd system... from what I understood from the Lock pick website, with that kind of set up it is more complicated to install.. anyone with experience here?

Hi, I'm considering a Lockpick too... but I have the cd/dvd changer and the rear seat dvd system... from what I understood from the Lock pick website, with that kind of set up it is more complicated to install.. anyone with experience here?

First, your avatar doesn't show what year your 400h is, so there's no way to say w/ accuracy. Best bet? call costaletech's toll free # and ask them. Generally, if you have the DVD screens built into the rear of the front seat headrests, you'll be able to access from the NAV DVD box under the rear compartment ... which is easier then accessing behind the MFD. But even getting behind the MFD really isn't too hard. But don't just presume the 'general rule' applies to you. Check w/ coastaletech.

First, your avatar doesn't show what year your 400h is, so there's no way to say w/ accuracy. Best bet? call costaletech's toll free # and ask them. Generally, if you have the DVD screens built into the rear of the front seat headrests, you'll be able to access from the VAV DVD box under the rear compartment ... which is easier then accessing behind the MFD. But even getting behind the MFD really isn't too hard. But don't just presume the 'general rule' applies to you. Check w/ coastaletech.

I have a 2008 RX. The rear entertainment is roof mounted, not in the headrests. I emailed and called costaltech... without much success

• 1 month later...