04 Gs300 Fuel Filter ?

on the new gs models........including mine (a 2001) the fuel filters are supposed to be lifetime! but as far as location i dunno! y r u fixing to change it? if u find out let me know

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

so 3fingas are u gonna tackle it and try and change it? be interesting to see what happens! i have NEVER liked that they consider this a lifetime filter! that doesn't even sound good!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

so 3fingas are u gonna tackle it and try and change it? be interesting to see what happens! i have NEVER liked that they consider this a lifetime filter! that doesn't even sound good!

brian

Not sure, never new they claimed it was lifetime. I sometimes have a flat spot in the throttle, thought maybe fuel starve IDK. Car has 50k on it so im thinkin probably unlikely. Id like to put a 75 shot on it with a custom cold air. I saw how fun it is to swap out the plugs. LOL.

Havent seen alot of bolt ons for this year.

congrats on your reinstatement.

yeah they claim the gs series to be a lifetime fuel filter and i have never heard of any complaints or problems but that doesnt mean there arent any! what year is your car? where is the flatspot? wot or beginning of throttle? or just anytime? have you thought maybe your injectors might be clogged instead of the fuel filter dirty?

brian

yeah they claim the gs series to be a lifetime fuel filter and i have never heard of any complaints or problems but that doesnt mean there arent any! what year is your car? where is the flatspot? wot or beginning of throttle? or just anytime? have you thought maybe your injectors might be clogged instead of the fuel filter dirty?

brian

Its an 04 and sometimes it flattens out at begining of throttle, interesting about the injectors though. Always run 93 but cant rule it out.

i've always run 93 also........but that wouldnt stop the injectors from being dirty or getting clogged! just saying it is a possibility not that thats your answer for 100%! i would check the injector and make sure they not dirty or clogged before i checked the fuel filter as its in the tank and supposed to be lifetime (and whats lifetime to the dealer? maybe 10 years if it doesnt get totalled or something???) and also have u owned the car since new? maybe old owner used 87 or 89?

brian

i've always run 93 also........but that wouldnt stop the injectors from being dirty or getting clogged! just saying it is a possibility not that thats your answer for 100%! i would check the injector and make sure they not dirty or clogged before i checked the fuel filter as its in the tank and supposed to be lifetime (and whats lifetime to the dealer? maybe 10 years if it doesnt get totalled or something???) and also have u owned the car since new? maybe old owner used 87 or 89?

brian

Nahh Im the Orig Owner, Gonna check Injr's will post up with results. Having a friend of mine is gonna tackle a custom cold air. Cant find any aftermarket performance mods for this year. Any Suggestions?

let me know bout the fuel filter or injectors........and r u kidding me? they make EVERYTHING for your model, u cant find alot for my model! he gs300 has unlimited possibilities for upgrades just gotta look around! everything from every year should fit yours!

brian