Car Having Starting Problems

rpboy06

Hello,

I recently had my spark plugs changed and had a diagnostic on my car from autozone. Every diagnostic from autozone said all my things were fine(battery, alternator, etc;). So, once my car starts it's fine. However, once I leave it unused for a couple days it may not start and need a jump start. I am wondering if the cause is due to my ignition wires? What other reason could it be?

Are you having trouble starting the car when you have a fully charged battery or getting a jump start?

I don't know how old your LS is or what kind of mileage you have but, if your starter is old and drawing a lot of cranking amps, the windings are likely starting to short out and starter probably needs to be replaced. Be carefull of excessive and long cranking, you can burn out your starter.

Starting my car when I have a fully charged battery. Usually a jump start will start the car. So, how much will it take to replace my starter at a shop? I hear its extremely difficult to remove the intake manifold to get to the starter. Just for kicks, do you know where I can get a tutorial on how to remove the manifold?