Seat Belt Alert/nags/i Call It My Car Wife!

I had the car in for service today and asked the service manager if they could disable the seat bell alarm he said on my model is 250 2008 it is not possible. Is that true?

Just on a guess, I'd say that the dealer doesn't want to take the legal risk of inhibiting a safety feature on your car.

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.

2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened

3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.

4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.

I turned mine off 3 days after I got it. And the voice guidance also. MAn is that annoying!

Knight it worked! You are the man! How do you know all this stuff?

It does still beep like 4 times then stops. But much better.

If you can tell me how to disable the door open beeper that would be awesome. I am not a beeping kinda guy!!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.

2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened

3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.

4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.