Redye Leather Interior

ls400_1999

Folks,

I am thinking about redying the leather in my Lexus LS400 1999 (Ivory interior) However, I don't know the exact color code of the leather. Some dye vendor (leatherworld) has the code (Ivory #375) but the color they display is somehow darker then what I can tell from my car. To make story short, is there a way to get the exact leather color code for my car beside going to dealer and beg them to release that information?

Thank

Tony

If you are planning on having someone "re-spray" the color to your seats, you shouldn't have to worry about the color code. I had that done to my car's taupe interior last summer. The person who did it was very skilled and was able to match the color perfectly without any color code.

He was able to do it just by looking at the seats due to his 10 years of experience. If you find a reputable place they shouldn't have any problem getting the color to match. It sure makes a world of difference when it is done.

How much does a service like this going for? I was thinking of re-wrapping my interior with some new black leather but if the cost justify it I wouldn't mind a re-dye instead.

I paid $125 for all seats, armrests, and door panels. The person who did mine was from Dr Vinyl. You can go to DrVinyl.com to see if they have a representative in your area. I was very pleased with the service I got from the gentleman who did mine.

They add a flex additive to the paint, to help it last longer. Most other people I talked to don't do that, and they were also more expensive.

If you deicide to have it done, I'd recommend removing the seats from your car so the overspray doesn't get on any other surfaces.