System Overrides

Never mind. By further searching I found out that you need to hold the reset button for a good 30 seconds; not 12-20.

It is deactivated now and I love it.

I deactivated mine a while back and also LOVE it. And, FYI, a recent dead battery did not negate the deactivation.

Tom

• 1 month later...

[Turning off the annoying beep has a certain attraction, especially for the passenger seat when we are on a longer drive and my passenger decides to get something from the back (such as a snack from the cooler).

I may look into your advice for turning off the passenger side, HOWEVER I was pleased that the beeper turns itself off after minute or so, at least in our model. Actually a volume control would be nice ;)

I have an 06 400h, just shut the seat belt buzzer off, thanks great tip.

I used to be able to do the on screen overide so my passenger could run the nav, till I purchased the new update. Now it doesnt work anymore. I do remember seeing post a year or 2 ago about clipping the vss wire at the back of the nav. I was looking for that post and was planning on doing it but am having a hard time finding it. Does anyone here know about this and does it affect anything else with the nav or the mileage readings.

Hi bob. A quick head up. If you cut a speed sensor wire, be very carefull. The speed sensor acts to stop the vehicle from over reving in the event there's a loss of traction. The HSD can be damaged in the event where there's an over-rev because the sensor normally causes the ICE to shut down to prevent damage. With the sensor cut, your warranty will be voided if/when that's the cause of HSD damage. The lockpick NAV over-ride lets you into destination NAV inputs (and bluetooth dialing off the mfd) without the risk of accidently smoking your HSD.

Hi bob. A quick head up. If you cut a speed sensor wire, be very carefull. The speed sensor acts to stop the vehicle from over reving in the event there's a loss of traction. The HSD can be damaged in the event where there's an over-rev because the sensor normally causes the ICE to shut down to prevent damage. With the sensor cut, your warranty will be voided if/when that's the cause of HSD damage. The lockpick NAV over-ride lets you into destination NAV inputs (and bluetooth dialing off the mfd) without the risk of accidently smoking your HSD.

I saw a post yesterday about that lockpick overide. Where can I get that?

Thanks, Bob

Thanks, Bob

Check here:

http://www.coastaletech.com/LOCKPICK_MAIN.htm

It's somewhat of a mom&pop outfit, so many have gotten frustrated with their communications. We must have been lucky because our order & phone support went ok. "she who must be obeyed" drives the lexus most of the time, and she's the one who wanted it. works great. It only took about 30-40 minutes to install, & I was in no way 'rushing' the install. If you email, make sure you put the 'e' in the address or your mail goes to a different company :P

Thanks, Bob

Check here:

It's somewhat of a mom&pop outfit, so many have gotten frustrated with their communications. We must have been lucky because our order & phone support went ok. "she who must be obeyed" drives the lexus most of the time, and she's the one who wanted it. works great. It only took about 30-40 minutes to install, & I was in no way 'rushing' the install. If you email, make sure you put the 'e' in the address or your mail goes to a different company :P

Thanks, I see they have no phone number on the site. I have a 2006 RX400 but have the version 8 of the nav. I would think the Lockpick 1 should work fine for my vehicle wouldnt you?

Thanks, Bob

Check here:

Thanks, I see they have no phone number on the site. I have a 2006 RX400 but have the version 8 of the nav. I would think the Lockpick 1 should work fine for my vehicle wouldnt you?

Sorry, I found a phone number and gave them a call. at this time they do not have an update for me but will in a couple months..Thanks for all the help

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Now I have a new problem. Not sure if it is related to getting rid of the seat belt warning or not. I just went on a 1600 mile round trip and found a few problems. One was that my sun roof after tilting up had a hard time closing. The windows arent automatic up or down anymore. And when the stability control kicked in when I lost traction the warning buzzer never went off but the light came on. Wondering if this is all related to shutting off the seat belt warning. And how do I turn the seat belt warning back on?

Now I have a new problem. Not sure if it is related to getting rid of the seat belt warning or not. I just went on a 1600 mile round trip and found a few problems. One was that my sun roof after tilting up had a hard time closing. The windows arent automatic up or down anymore. And when the stability control kicked in when I lost traction the warning buzzer never went off but the light came on. Wondering if this is all related to shutting off the seat belt warning. And how do I turn the seat belt warning back on?

Bob, those symptoms are usually the ones you get when the 12v auxilary battery is disconected ... as when the battery neg terminal is removed, or a short dumps the 12v breaker. There are several links here, and other Toyota web sites that'll teach you how to reset windows etc.

Bob, the reset procedure is also in the Owner's Manaul, but the page varies depending on the year of your RX.

Tom

Thanks guys, I called the dealer and it sounds like they did forgot to reset the windows when they disconnected my battery.

Thanks for all the help

I'm not sure this is entirely true, if you cut the top Blue VSS wire, it was my understanding that it only affected the bluetooth screen. The only change I've noted over the last several years is that the ideogram wheels don't turn. VSC worked perfectly for several very slippery hrs, this past winter.

My suggestion is if you cut the wire, put in a switch, just in case!

I've also noted that my Vais SLI update did not remove the "I agree screen". It may be because of the cut VSS wire or I may just need to reset the unit.

If anyone else has noted this change, please let me know before I remove panels to reset the SLI.