What Are The Chances It's A Bad Filter?

ED.

Thank you to everyone who replied to my post on this the other day click on the oil chnage in my aunts 1992 SC300.

I went over to her house today and took the filter off and put it back on and placed a shop towel underneath to check for leaks and it was dry then I look under and still see a very slight drip. I did fell part of the filter and there was oil on it but not enough to cause dripping like that. I did check for the old gasket to see if it was still on the block but it looked clear.

I am lost. I told her to drive it this week and check the oil everyday. She was having a leak about six months ago and it ended up being the sensor at the bottom of the pan which was fixed by a mechanic friend of the family. Then about two weeks ago she called me one day saying the oil light came on. Weird coincidence since the day before I was emailing her and asking how the car was and how many miles until the next oil change. I was lost on that one too.

Should I take it in to the guy who did the sensor and say 'WTH?' Did changing the oil instigate a problem that was already fighting us? Could it be a bad Bosch filter? I got the right model # of 3330. Its so dirty under there because those dang filter it was hard to tell if there was a leak from anything else. I could tell for sure on my car when I did mine last Tuesday but that was because I overtightened the drain plug >00000

TIA!