Fuel Grade

Just curious to see what fuel grade (regular, extra, premium) you use in your RX. We have an '08 350 and have only used Premium. Someone told us recently that they use regular unlead with no issues. I have asked the dealership and have gotten mixed answers.

We also have an '06 GX470 and because of the V8, here too, we've always used Premium. Someone at the dealership told us that we could use regular and add "fuel boost" (?) but when I stopped at an Auto Zone Store, they talked me out of it.

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Just use premium and eat the extra cost - maybe $4 a fill-up (as of today). Driving less or combining errands might reduce the total bill if money is a big issue.

When you stomp on the accelerator to pass or merge onto a freeway there are certain expectations that you have learned with premium gas. A "self-detuned" engine is not going to to give you the expected response and the results may be disastrous.

This car was likely purchased for some performance issues along with comforts. There is no reason to "settle" for an underpowered Lexus when there is an alternative by using premium fuel.

The 08 RX is fitted with a more powerful engine. That is why we waited to buy ours and it will use premium to gain the benefits that engine provides.

This topic has been gone over at great length. I suggest you go to the bottom of the forum and use the search function. Just enter "Fuel Grade" and you will find more on this topic than you will care to read.