Some Grilles For Rx300 (previous Model)

jdmparts_guru

Spending money on meaningless aesthetic parts to replace existing components that are perfectly fine just as they are installed by the factory is a huge waste of money. I certainly realize that such impulse behavior drives the aftermarket parts business, but I prefer to establish my vehicle bank accounts for maintenance and performance enhancement, not wasteful spending on junk I don't need or want.

Again Jon, thats your opinion. Plenty of people (most) on this board get great pleasure out of modifying their vehicles. I'm not one of them, but its their car and whatever makes them enjoy it the most.

Does because you dont need, want, or like it doesn't make it junk.

Steve,

Of course it's my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own. The question was asked, and I answered with my viewpoint. Nobody has to agree or disagree with me - it's just my opinion on that particular topic.

You need to relax your sphincter muscles enough to allow folks to express their opinions without feeling the urge to add your own brand of social commentary after each post. Your opinion is no more valuable than anyone else's here, and nobody died and made you the absolute pundit of this forum. So how about letting people have their say without trying to !Removed! all over them for a change. You just might learn something from your elders.

Jon,

I'm not sure exactly what's wrong with you but I'd suggest you take some of you're own advice. It's your sphinchter muscle that seems to be crimped up tighter than anyones and its usually wrapped tightly around your own neck! Your "opinions" are generally insulting and insinuate that anyone who dares think different than you is somehow stupid or foolish. Its clear from jdmparts ' post that he's simply trying to solicit ideas and constructive opinions from people who DO modify their vehicles. I seriously doubt anyone cares that you "prefer to establish my vehicle bank accounts for maintenance and performance enhancement, not wasteful spending on junk".

When are you going to sell that Lexus anyway?

tmastres,

Actually, there's nothing wrong with me other than the fact that I've had to battle with Lexus throughout this autumn in an attempt to get a poor-performing transmission replaced and now the vehicle emits considerably more cabin noise than before and my wife is unhappy about it since it's her primary car. And I'm not insinuating anything about anyone on this board in my posts. If you're attempting to read between the lines, you're wasting your time.

I've gleaned a lot of good information about Lexus in general and our vehicle in particular on this board. Folks like Castrol (I believe he's in Miami) and Lexus01 (I'm not sure where he's located) have been especially insightful on several topics that are important to me, and I'm thankful for that and have personally expressed my appreciation several times. But a couple of folks are particularly annoying to me and can't seem to let a strong complaint or a disagreement go without attempting to speak from the throne as if they are the be-all-and-end-all authority figure when no such figure exists.

Not everyone who visits here does so out of love for their Lexus vehicle. Some are frustrated, angry, and just plain sick of being told by their dealer that "nothing's wrong with your car". I found this site through my frustrations over attempting to deal with Lexus concerning a very real problem that both my wife and I recognized. We've made some progress, but we still have problems with this vehicle and our battle with Lexus continues.

As far as selling our RX300 - I'm not going to do that unless and until I feel that the transmission issue has been resolved to the point where the next owner can be safe on the highway without having to adapt to "feathering" the transmission since not all emergency conditions allow you the time to think about how you're going to use your accelerator. In my opinion, to sell it right now would be unethical, unfair, and possibly unsafe to the next owner.

I trust this answers your questions. If not, let me know. I'll be more than happy to provide details to whatever level you care to discuss.

I've warned you repeatedly Jon to keep your combative attitude to yourself. I sent you a long PM from which I got no response.

This thread is closed I have issued a formal warning against your account. Three warnings and banning becomes a possibility.

Every thread cannot be turned into your own personal war with Lexus. We know you're upset, we know you're frustrated, we're sick of hearing about it constantly. Continued posting in this manner will result in more warnings.