Best Wheel Size Option

RLis300

From your past experience and from seeing IS's in real life or pic...... What size option looks best?

Not dropped...18 or 19?....which looks best ?

Dropped 18 or 19?.....which looks best..? How many inches also..:)

This is two seperate questions..... Thanks

Post pics if you can with wheel size

Personally, I think 18's are the right size. Your still getting a great look, but your not sacrificing the performance of the car. As far as width, well that depends on how much hp your looking to go to. While your stock right now, if you decide to go turbo, anything over 400 hp, you're going to need a bit wider contact patch to keep it civil back there. I would go to 9'' rears. And if you go over 500 hp, then 10 inch would be nice.

As for dropping the car, I would say an inch. That's a good drop, looks great, and keeps from scraping everything. Heres a pic of mine:

post-42851-1210792005_thumb.jpg

Those are 18's with just over an inch drop.

Personally, I think 18's are the right size. Your still getting a great look, but your not sacrificing the performance of the car. As far as width, well that depends on how much hp your looking to go to. While your stock right now, if you decide to go turbo, anything over 400 hp, you're going to need a bit wider contact patch to keep it civil back there. I would go to 9'' rears. And if you go over 500 hp, then 10 inch would be nice.

As for dropping the car, I would say an inch. That's a good drop, looks great, and keeps from scraping everything. Heres a pic of mine:

post-42851-1210792005_thumb.jpg

Those are 18's with just over an inch drop.

I like that. Plus 18's are cheaper. :D

What tire size did you have and what kind of suspension?

I went with 255's and I have the Tein CS coilovers.

OK...The wheel i want is in 18x8.5 and 18x9.5....

Will the 9.5 fit in the rear ? Im pretty sure the 8.5 in the front would fit nicely...or should it be 7.5?

Also I dont have 1500 to blow on suspension so.......any other options. lol

The 9.5 in the rear will rub. I had 9's on and it barely fit. But it did and I had no rubbing issues. Maybe do 8' in the front and 9's in the rear. Also maybe go to 225's for the front and 255's for the rear to get more of the offset look also. And yeas, the 8.5 in the front would be fine.

If you want to save alot of money, then go with just Eibach springs. That will only set you back about 3 or 400 bucks. But you don't really have any say as to the drop. They just drop the car 1 inch. But I have had alot of friends and even few here use them and I haven't heard a single complaint other than the fact you have no adjustability. But hey, you don't have adjustments now, and you still bought the car anyway! LOL!!!

I have a Tein preferrence. I just think what they think is a good ride and what I think is a good ride match pretty well. Not that I think they are a better built product than any other. That may be different for you. If you want something in between the 2 . Tenabe, HKS, Hotchkis, and a few others make good products that I have used before with no issues as far as mechanical quality and overall durability. The Tein SS Flex coilovers are popular also, but those are around 1200 bucks. Then there is the Basic for around 750 bucks. Just stay away from Tokico suspension parts. Not all of it is bad stuff, but the parts I had in my hands felt like toy parts, not like something I would race my car down the track with, you know?

The 9.5 in the rear will rub. I had 9's on and it barely fit. But it did and I had no rubbing issues. Maybe do 8' in the front and 9's in the rear. Also maybe go to 225's for the front and 255's for the rear to get more of the offset look also. And yeas, the 8.5 in the front would be fine.

If you want to save alot of money, then go with just Eibach springs. That will only set you back about 3 or 400 bucks. But you don't really have any say as to the drop. They just drop the car 1 inch. But I have had alot of friends and even few here use them and I haven't heard a single complaint other than the fact you have no adjustability. But hey, you don't have adjustments now, and you still bought the car anyway! LOL!!!

I have a Tein preferrence. I just think what they think is a good ride and what I think is a good ride match pretty well. Not that I think they are a better built product than any other. That may be different for you. If you want something in between the 2 . Tenabe, HKS, Hotchkis, and a few others make good products that I have used before with no issues as far as mechanical quality and overall durability. The Tein SS Flex coilovers are popular also, but those are around 1200 bucks. Then there is the Basic for around 750 bucks. Just stay away from Tokico suspension parts. Not all of it is bad stuff, but the parts I had in my hands felt like toy parts, not like something I would race my car down the track with, you know?

I understand. I think I will go Tein...either springs or coilovers and use the factory shocks.

Also here are the specs for the wheels I want...What do you think from these?

Option A)... 18x8.5 (2" lip) & 18x9.5 (3.5" lip) 35mm offset

...also have 18x8.5 (3.25" lip) if 9.5 cant go for staggered look

Option B.) B)... 19x8.5 (2" lip) & 19x9.5 (3.5" lip) 35mm offset

Yeah, those look ok. Are you going to roll the rear fender a bit ?

I didnt plan on it because I'm not havin any problems wit my 20's but they only 7.5" so I might have to....I did on my 328i. I had 9.5 on the rear but after I replaced the stocks with Bilstein Heavy Duty Shocks I had not more problems.

I found out some great news via eBay. LMAO! Check this out...I could go 19x8.5F and 19x9.5R so I know the 18's would fit also...

Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Lexus-...0259519432&

Yeah, I'm not concerned with the 18 vs. 19 issue. they will both fit as long as you don't change the outside diameter of the tire by adjusting the aspect ratio. Although, I think if you want performance also, the 19's aren't going to help any. that's why I think the 18's are a better choice. You will still have enouph sidewall to for shoulder support of the tire. The rubbing will come from the 9.5 width of the rim. Unless you change the offset to keep them in the tire well. Which, looking that the 35 mm offset, it's going to be really close. I think you will rub on the rear. But if your ok with rolling the rear fenders, then you'll be fine. I actually think that look is awsome. And if your going to roll the fenders, then roll em once right and get 10's on the rear!!! LOL!

Yeah, I'm not concerned with the 18 vs. 19 issue. they will both fit as long as you don't change the outside diameter of the tire by adjusting the aspect ratio. Although, I think if you want performance also, the 19's aren't going to help any. that's why I think the 18's are a better choice. You will still have enouph sidewall to for shoulder support of the tire. The rubbing will come from the 9.5 width of the rim. Unless you change the offset to keep them in the tire well. Which, looking that the 35 mm offset, it's going to be really close. I think you will rub on the rear. But if your ok with rolling the rear fenders, then you'll be fine. I actually think that look is awsome. And if your going to roll the fenders, then roll em once right and get 10's on the rear!!! LOL!

I like the idea of the 18's as well but I like filling that wheel wheel....idk...still thinking.