Package Combos?

Hey Guys

New to the board looking at getting a IS250 AWD wanted to go with the luxury package and the premium package (the one with the vented seats). Anyways i've gone to two dealers in the Chicago area and both of them only offer those packages with a NAV system. I would really rather not dish out the extra 2k or whatever it costs for someting that my 200 dollar garmin gps does just fine.

The salesmen at both places said they dont make those packages without the NAV. So i was just wondering if this was true? Also anyone from the Chicagoland area have any advice on dealerships to use, cause both guys i had seemed to be the sleezy salesmen type.

Thanks

Hey Guys

New to the board looking at getting a IS250 AWD wanted to go with the luxury package and the premium package (the one with the vented seats). Anyways i've gone to two dealers in the Chicago area and both of them only offer those packages with a NAV system. I would really rather not dish out the extra 2k or whatever it costs for someting that my 200 dollar garmin gps does just fine.

The salesmen at both places said they dont make those packages without the NAV. So i was just wondering if this was true? Also anyone from the Chicagoland area have any advice on dealerships to use, cause both guys i had seemed to be the sleezy salesmen type.

Thanks

Absolutely not true.

Now, the tricky thing is, Lexus tends to build certain combos of options for specific areas of the country. So it's possible that dealership never sees a car the way you want it. In that case you can check with other dealers in your region.

But it's even possible the dealers in your region will never see one the way you want it, in which case they can check every dealership nationwide for your car, and get it for you from them.

But it's even possible no dealership in the country will get one the way you want it. In which case you can special order EXACTLY the car you want from Lexus. This will take anywhere from 2-4 months before you get the car, and some dealers, stupidly, don't like to do special orders. You'll need to find a dealer who IS ok doing so and will still give you a good price (and it's certainly possible to find both, just not necessarily easy).

My own IS, an IS350 with the sport package and with Mark Levinson WITHOUT navigation, doesn't get shipped by default to any dealer in the US...so I found a good dealership willing to special order, and offer a good price while doing so, and a couple months later I had the exact car I wanted, with the exact colors and options I wanted.

Knight thanks for the quick reply.

Is there any way i could search which dealers have which configurations?

Or maybe someone knows if their regional configuration has those options?

Thanks

Knight thanks for the quick reply.

Is there any way i could search which dealers have which configurations?

Or maybe someone knows if their regional configuration has those options?

Thanks

You can go on Lexus com and change zip codes to different regions.

Or a good dealer will do a search and even get a car from another dealer if he finds one.

Hey Guys

Thanks

I am in the burb's fo Chicago as well. None of the dealers in the state wanted to 'deal' so I went out of state to a Lexus dealer that was willing to do a special order. I got what I wanted but they were still a little sleezy. Just order what you want but be prepared to wait. Otherwise you can search for the exact car but then you will have little barganing advantage.

My 2 cents

I am currently waiting on a special order for an IS350 with just the luxury package. It is hard to find just the LP without the NAV system. So go back to your dealer and ask him to order you one. I know from personal experience that the wait sucks but in the end you will have exactly what you want.

Hey Guys

Thanks

I am in the burb's fo Chicago as well. None of the dealers in the state wanted to 'deal' so I went out of state to a Lexus dealer that was willing to do a special order. I got what I wanted but they were still a little sleezy. Just order what you want but be prepared to wait. Otherwise you can search for the exact car but then you will have little barganing advantage.

My 2 cents

If you dont mind me asking, Which dealer did you end up using?