Foglight Question

01LS430Blk

Hey I'm new here everyone, got a few questions about my 01 LS 430, I'll just start off with one thought. When your foglights burn out does the computer on the dash tell you? I know it does for taillights and probably headlights, but ever since I bought mine the foglights haven't worked and the computer doesn't say anything about it. Thanks in advance for answers!

No, I haven't, I wanted to see first if there was a message that the computer displayed before I went through the hassle of trying to get to the foglights, from what I have been reading it seems like I have to jack up the car and take the front wheels off...anyone know of a full tutorial on how to simply replace foglights?

Hmm that's crappy. I think Lexus designed the LS keeping in mind that people buying them brand new probably weren't going to work on them theirselves! lol :lol:

I know for my old 1st gen LS and current 2nd gen LS, to change the headlights is to totally remove the headlamp assembly from the vehicle! Hahaha

good luck though! Hopefully it's just a burnt out bulb. There shouldn't be any electrical issues with yours :cheers:

Yeah that's for sure, but I can't rule out an electrical problem seeing that neither of my front heated seats work (the orange lights do turn on, but no heat)...that was actually going to be my next thread...

Yeah that's for sure, but I can't rule out an electrical problem seeing that neither of my front heated seats work (the orange lights do turn on, but no heat)...that was actually going to be my next thread...

Since the japanese implemention of fog lights is not only USELESS, but detrimental to your forward vision at the times, restrictive times, that they can be, by design, be turned on, why do you even care...??

Your Lexus fog lights will operate ONLY when the low beams are also on and therefore you may not be able to see, other than the detrimental(***) effects, that they are actually illuminated.

Fog light assemblies, lens, reflectors, etc, are specifically designed to provide a "close in", low and wide, beam pattern. As you may have noticed with your dome light on at night, or the instrument panel TOO bright, your eyes adjust to "filter out" some of that close in lighting and therefore fog lights when combined with low beams are somewhat detrimental to good forward vision at night.

Because I want everything on my car to work, is that weird?

No, not at all, I'm a bit like that myself, except being somewhat of a perfectionist I want everything to be fully FUNCTIONAL.

So my fog light circuits, LS & RX, have been modified so the fog lights can only be used alone. Well, along with the street/marker/parking/tail lights that is.

On my 91, I just burnt a fog light, and no indicator at all, however, when any of my 17,000 bulbs in the brake assebly burn out, I get an indication, so if I were you I wouldn't expect one, even on a new LS, although, I could be wrong?

Well, so much for the simple checks before actually getting to the bulbs. It seems that there should be enough room behind the lower bumper valence that you would be able to get in there without taking the wheels off.

There are a few parts places online that would have the bulbs, as well as most of the local parts places.

I know there have been a few posts regarding changing out the bulbs to brighter ones, maybe there is a post hidden somewhere in here that would have a few pics.

Good luck & keep us posted.