97 Needs New Suspension Help

chaddenton

help needed to decide. Coil overs arnott or suncore or replace air shock with rebuilt or just keep on bouncing all over the road. Has anyone put the coilover conversions on and how do you like the ride. I'm really going to miss the air ride. Thanks for the info.

For such a newer car i would spend the money on the air suspension repairs it is well worth a well designed system. You could throw regular shocks and springs on the LS and not need a conversion kit. They do that so you send them your old stuff and they resell it for a massive profit.

For such a newer car i would spend the money on the air suspension repairs it is well worth a well designed system. You could throw regular shocks and springs on the LS and not need a conversion kit. They do that so you send them your old stuff and they resell it for a massive profit.

so replace the air struts. Where can I find them at a reasonable price? Also I have read about putting OEM standard struts on is that a DIY job? Can I replace one air strut in each axle or all four. I have 150000 miles and really don't want to spend too much denero on a car that may not be worth the cost. Thanks a million Chad.

when I hit bumps in road car gets squirly does that sound like bushings? Which bushings? I replaced strut rods and that didn't help. Only left rear strut sags in the morning and goes up when started. I really like the air ride and not sure if I could repace just the left rear strut? Strutmaster has a conversion for $700 sounds good but not sure I need it. Thanks for the lended knowlege.

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old topic but I had a problem with my suspension being compressed in the right rear. I took it to the dealer and they said it is a sensor which can be replaced for $400 + $150 labor and the shock is fine. They hooked up a computer to it and aired up the shock manually.