After 1 Year Evaluation: A Few Complaints But Otherwise Satisfied

I brought my 2007 RX350 home in April of last year and after owning and driving this car for 1 year these are my 3 main complaints about it. 1)The finish is very fragile. It scratches easily and, I would say, the body dings easily. Of course, the latter is mostly true of any car these days when compared to the old, heavy steel of yesteryear, but the paint on this Lexus is more susceptible to scratches than most of the finishes coming out of Detroit. 2)The windshield glass does not seem to be of high quality. There are many small air bubbles in it which are readily apparent when looking through it into the bright sun. 3)The interior controls, particularly on the center console, aren't legible in the dark. They should have been backlit. The small LED's located near the overhead dome light that are supposed to light them up are too dim to do the job. I have to turn on the dome light to change anything on the center console at night.

These three items are cosmetic and are something I can live with but I would like to see improved on subsequent models if they haven't been already on the '08's and '09's. They were only detectable after actual experience with the car and driving it. My other complaints I knew going in and accepted them as merely shortcomings, i.e. poor turning radius, lack of XM radio or mp3 player input and the stock Goodyears which are a little noisier than I would like. Of course, the last two are remediable.

In conclusion, these are actually rather mild complaints and overall I am very happy with the car. Performance is great, it handles really well and I and many others love the looks of it both inside and out, so I am by no means disappointed and would buy it again despite these small flaws.

If you think your 07 RX has a bad turning radius you should drive a 300. My new 08 350 turns way better than the 300 we traded in. The paint looks very nice but I agree that it chips very easy. Mine has 4600 miles on it and a dozen+ tiny rock chips on the front. My windshield looks perfect.

Jeff

Just wondering if you guys have Japanese or Canadian built 350's? I have a Japanese built one and have no issues after 4k miles.

My center console is backlit, I can easily see which controls I need. No paint chips so far and no flaws in the windshield.