Car Never Got Fixed Timing Belt Not The Problem

lexfourcam

no we didnt change it we checked the tension and it was on there fine, and the tensioner was fine so i was thinkin that it was the fuel pump. any idea on a price for a fuel pump or a recommendation of where to purchase one?

Goggle Park Place Lexus-Plano. Tx. They have an on-line parts store. New fuel pump around 2 hundred dollars. Easy to replace after removing the back seat to get to the fuel tank.

Before buying the pump, I would make sure it is your problem. The whole process can be reduced to a few simple basics. To start the car, you gotta have spark and you gotta have fuel. For the fuel, start at the injectors and work your way backwards to the tank. You do the same for spark; start at the plugs finishing at the battery.

As far as the timning belt; just to get it straight ... initially your neighbour told you the belt wasn't moving. Then "got my car all taken apart" and the belt checked out ok. I would say even if it looks ok and depending on how far you opened her up, why not change the belt since you are due anyway.

Before buying the pump, I would make sure it is your problem. The whole process can be reduced to a few simple basics. To start the car, you gotta have spark and you gotta have fuel. For the fuel, start at the injectors and work your way backwards to the tank. You do the same for spark; start at the plugs finishing at the battery.

As far as the timning belt; just to get it straight ... initially your neighbour told you the belt wasn't moving. Then "got my car all taken apart" and the belt checked out ok. I would say even if it looks ok and depending on how far you opened her up, why not change the belt since you are due anyway.

What were your symptoms? A complete no start? I looked at your post and could not find anything before you tore it down as to what the problem is.

What were your symptoms? A complete no start? I looked at your post and could not find anything before you tore it down as to what the problem is.

He didn't continue with his previous post (which makes it confusing for anyone who didn't read it):

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...p;p=301168&

:huh:

Sorry for the long wait, have had a few computer problems aside from all that, my cars still *BLEEP*ed. i still have no clue wat the problem could be. my battery died and i hooked it up to my friends car and was able to crank the car. it still does the same thing. it just cranks and turns over but it doesnt start. it sounds like its gonna start but it just keeps cranking. that's why im thinkin the fuel could be problem. how would i go about testin the spark without takin the whole damn thing apart again?