Newbie Question

Quentin

Hello to all,

I am a newbie that has just purchased a beautiful 2003 LX 470 (YESTERDAY)!!! WOW is all I can say. The refinement of this vehicle astounds me. I have many questions though. (Be forewarned this is the 1st of many posts.) Anyway, I have done many searches on tires and have not come up with the answers I am looking for. Here is the issue.

My 470 has 20" rims with brand new Toyo tires (For sale.) For most people this setup is highly desirable, but for me I am usually up in the mountains skiing, fly fishing, camping, backpacking.....well you get the idea, this setup is not functional. I have decided to go with the 06-07 graphite 18" stock wheel (Anyone selling). Also, I am going to go with the BF Goodrich AT and I am curious about the largest size tire I can put on without any rubbing. Will a 285/65/18 tire fit? That is 32.5" in height. My fall back plan is the 265/65/18 which is 31.5". Does anyone have pics of either? Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Quentin

Quentin,

i have stock rims with 275 60R 18 tires on them. i prefer the michelin brands or toyo for this vehicle. the michelin cross terrain worked nice before. If you want to sell the rims and tires you have, i may be interested to help offset your cost for the other rims and tires you plan on purchasing.

Roger

Quentin,

i have stock rims with 275 60R 18 tires on them. i prefer the michelin brands or toyo for this vehicle. the michelin cross terrain worked nice before. If you want to sell the rims and tires you have, i may be interested to help offset your cost for the other rims and tires you plan on purchasing.

Roger

Thanks for the suggestions. That sounds great. I found out the the wheels are the 20" Alba 580 Force (Perfect) and the tires are the Toyo Proxes S/T 305/50R/20. The tires have about 8,000 miles on them and truck runs smooth and quite at all times. I will post the pics under the for sale thread.

I have had the BF AT's on several vehicles and love them. I am off-road quite a bit a these tires perform well in all conditions, on or off road. Do you know if the 285/65/18 will fit? I don't care about the speedometer but I would rather not have any rubbing. Thanks,

Quentin

• 1 year later...
Here are before and after pics. The 285/65/18 tires work perfect!!

Quentin, I have a 2004 LX470 I bought December 2008 that has the Michelin OEM LTX 275/60/18 tires on, but am in need of a new set. I LOVE the way those BF Goodrich look on your ride. Can you post the exact size/style of the tire you have on your LX? I primarily am on highways, or on trail type roads, nothing too muddy, but it looks like those tires could handle just about anything. How do they ride on the highway? Thanks.

Quentin,

Roger

Thanks for the suggestions. That sounds great. I found out the the wheels are the 20" Alba 580 Force (Perfect) and the tires are the Toyo Proxes S/T 305/50R/20. The tires have about 8,000 miles on them and truck runs smooth and quite at all times. I will post the pics under the for sale thread.

I have had the BF AT's on several vehicles and love them. I am off-road quite a bit a these tires perform well in all conditions, on or off road. Do you know if the 285/65/18 will fit? I don't care about the speedometer but I would rather not have any rubbing. Thanks,

Quentin

It looks better with the new rims on there, gee imagine that !