Nav System Gps Problem

Folks - I'm having problems with my navigation system and I'm wondering is anyone else has experienced similar issues. Basicially, it gets lost. It will not hold a GPS signal for any length of time and, once it loses the signal, it often get totally lost within minutes and has me driving in water and other interesting things.

So some questions...

Should the GPS stay locked in most or all of the time?

Is there anything I can do to trigger a GPS acquisition?

Where is the GPS antenna, anyway?

Any other thoughts? This is frustrating particularly as I've already had it in to Lexus (lexus of richmond, va) on this problem. They replaced the DVD and it actually seemed to work better for quite a while. But no more...

Thank You

Roney

The GPS antenna is at the top of the windshield next to the rear view mirror on my wife's 04 ES. Your problem suggests that your antenna is not receiving a proper signal, is not correctly (loose) connected to the nav unit, or that you have an internal glitch with the unit itself that a reset might correct.

Do you mean the black box next to the mirror on the passenger side? Thats the sensor for the automatic wipers, not the GPS antenna.

I believe the antenna is imbedded in the rear window.

The GPS antenna is at the top of the windshield next to the rear view mirror on my wife's 04 ES. Your problem suggests that your antenna is not receiving a proper signal, is not correctly (loose) connected to the nav unit, or that you have an internal glitch with the unit itself that a reset might correct.

Thanks - do you have any idea how to do a reset?