Squeaky Rear Brakes

fisher972002

All,

Quick ?]

1991 LS400

I replaced my rear brakes with lexus factory pads.. Turned the disc rotors.. I am getting a very slight squeak, when I apply the brakes very lightly..

Do you guys suggest applying a little silicone on back of the brake pad metal, or on a anti-squeal metal shim.. Or do both, or just the pad??

What do you guys do.. I've been driving for a few months, I thought it would quit squeaking after a little while, the way the brakes fit in the caliper it seems like you would only put a little quieter/Silicon on the back of hte pad only and let the antisqueal shims move..

ALso I bought new antiq squeal springs when I replaced the pads, but re-used the metal shims.

Thanks

Call me Mr. Stupid, but I always install new rotors when installing new pads. Too many times, I have installed new pads, even oems, on recently ground rotors. Still have squeaks, etc. With new rotors and pads, all is peachy. $120 for the fronts, $100 for the rears. Each. Raybestos for me. Maybe they won't last as long, but they sure are quiet and smooth. Oh, always install ceramic pads, too....