New Member, Few Questions

93lexES300

Just got a 1991 LS400 and I have a few questions about it's quirks. First question is the TRAC light, and yes, I have searched the forum. My question is the "motor" for the traction control has been replaced about a year ago by the previous owner, but the TRAC light still intermittantly comes on. Where are the Traction control sensors located at the back wheels? I'm about to do a rear brake job and flush the brake fluid as this has not been done is many years, and perhaps this will solve the problem, but I also wanted to get an idea of where the sensors are in case I need to replace those.

Second question is regarding power steering. I've searched this forum for the filter that seems to clog up for the power steering, but I can't seem to find a picture of exactly where this filter is.

Thanks Much....

Drain the fluid out of the P/S Pump with a turkey baster & you will see the screen at the bottom of the pump...remove with care as this screen is very brittle & clean....

Is it necessary to remove the pump to do this? Or is this from the top? Which hose to disconnect?

Thanks

Drain the fluid out of the P/S Pump with a turkey baster & you will see the screen at the bottom of the pump...remove with care as this screen is very brittle & clean....

Is it necessary to remove the pump to do this? Or is this from the top? Which hose to disconnect?

Thanks

There you go man!! Best wesbite for LS400s ever!

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/steering/psflush.html

Thanks

There you go man!! Best wesbite for LS400s ever!

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/steering/psflush.html

That's what I was looking for :) Your help is greatly appreciated !!!