Bad Battery Cell?

Has something like this happened to anyone? I was out of town for a few days, and when I returned home, my 2006 RX400h would not start. I had to get to work, so I took my wife's car. She called Lexus, and they came out immediately (arrived in less than 30 minutes, and the dealership is about 15-20 minutes away). She tells me that the person who came out said the vehicle had a bad battery cell, and replaced it (at no charge - apparently a warranty repair). He also said that it had nothing to do with not driving it for a few days. The service was certainly fantastic, but I wonder whether this is something that is liable to happen again.

This happens to more vehicles than you think. The vast majority of factory batteries are super-reliable and long-lasting but there are a small percentage that fail prematurely - kinda like a bad computer, right out of the box. It happens! Still, it's good you were treated so well.

Dave