Parking System

bearone

I was at a South FL dealer about a week ago to test drive the ES350 they said the only thing changed was that the parking system is standard on 2008 true or false?

I was at a South FL dealer about a week ago to test drive the ES350 they said the only thing changed was that the parking system is standard on 2008 true or false?

I don't think this is true. I am assuming that you mean the Park Assist; which is an option that last time I checked. Now, I bought my 08 ES350 UL with it because I wanted it. (Side note: I hope you don't mean the automatic parallel park feature which is only available on the LS...just wanted to make sure). I know if you look on www.lexus.com and you build your Lexus, it will give you the Park Assist information as an option. I originally thought that you needed the Nav system for this but someone else on this forum said you can get the Park Assist without the backup camera....I don't know since I got the UL loaded (except without the adaptive/radar cruise control). But, check out www.lexus.com! Good luck.

False, it's not standard....it's an option as it's always been.

The thing is that when buying an ES in the US, generally, you have one of three main packages to buy from. The basic package comes without NAV, Park Assist, and other creature comforts (not sure if it comes with BT, my guess is no). Then the next main package is the one with Nav, backup camera, park assist, BT, etc. The next level up would be the UL which has the panoramic sun roof, Nav, the sound system is upgraded to the ML system that has the DVD player, etc. Variations from this are fairly rare to find unless one wants to special order one from the factory, and that could take forever. You might go to the Lexus website or other sites like costco.com and say what options you want, but when it comes to it, it will normally have to fit one of these three packages. Dealers don't like to special order cars because there is more incentive to move what hey have in inventory and get the credit/comission right away and move on to the next sucker..., er customer. Now, you might find one with an adaptive cruise control or other really rare features, but not very often.