Flipping On Turns?

roberttran

How easy is it to flip a LX470 on a turn?

I've done some pretty sharp turns at around 30-40mph and no real problems.

When I do turns like that I will always turn the wheels the opposite direction a bit before turning them to the direction I want to go. That seems to help keep the car from tilting. I also have the suspension set on normal.

Thanks,

Robert

Dude -- you're insane.

I guess the answer to your question is that it's hard enough to do it when you try -- and real easy when you're not trying.

I saw a dodge dakota pickup (non-4x4) flip while cruising along a 35mph freeway interchange. He was going about 35mph, but it was a little slippery and as he slid off the pavement and hit the gravel, then the grass, he rolled it.

Cars, in general, will not flip unless they hit something -- or the tires grip on something. More likely than not, they'll skid.

The 470 is a lot heavier than most cars and a bit more top heavy. The anti-sway bars will help some with the body lean. I don't think that turning the wheels in the opposite direction before the turn is helping any -- it might be causing more lean by whipping the body into the turn.

If you try hard enough, you'll flip it.

Is that what you really want to do?

Doug