Back Up Camera

I'm just wondering if this camera is designed so you can just look at the LCD monitor to do the backing. My head is going back and forth looking back and looking at the monitor when I'm getting out of the parking or something, and I feel like I should just do one way. :D Do you think I can safely back up just by looking at the LCD monitor? Or is this camera designed just to check it when you have an object so close?

Since the lens on the camera is wide-angle I would not attempt to use it alone. I know that if I tried to use it alone when backing into my garage then I would hit the house. It's cheaper for me to look over my shoulder. :)

Camera and mirrors work beautifully for me, especially when reversing into the garage.

Same here, I hardly ever look over my shoulder anymore. However, you need to check your camera is calibrated spot on with the screen indicators..best way is to park between the lines of a parking bay so the camera shows you're parallel with the lines, then get out and do a physical check to compare. The audible parking sensors should be factory set so when you get a continuous tone you'll be approximately a foot away from the rear obstruction/wall....again check the camera red line with the physical position.

The camera settings and the sensors can be altered by entering the hidden settings menu, which you can get on the screen by:

1. Engine on, headlights switch OFF.

2. Press and hold down the 'INFO' button while toggling the light switch from OFF to Parking lights (sidelights) until the hidden menu comes up (usually 3 or 4 times).

3. Scroll through the menu until you get to the item you need to change....you can alter bluetooth settings, voice control settings etc. as well

4. When done, exit by holding the DISP button until the screen refreshes (usually 3-4 seconds).

It is hard for me to judge the actual distance using the camera alone. I guess that is what the distance sensor option is for but I hate the look of the button sensors so I took a pass on that option.

I tend to use the painted lines in parking lots to fiind my stopping point. I use the line on the ground with the edge of my rear bumper (when viewed through the fish-eye lens of the camera) to decide were to stop. Also my garage has a line made by the transistion from the outside asphalt pavment to the inside cemet floor. I drive forward into my garage a little far, then I reverse far enough to line my reference point using the camera. Then The rear of my car is very close to the garage door when closed. This allow for the most space in front of the vehicle.

Just make sure you pick a refernce line, point etc... that will never move. :D :lol: :D

I'm just wondering if this camera is designed so you can just look at the LCD monitor to do the backing. My head is going back and forth looking back and looking at the monitor when I'm getting out of the parking or something, and I feel like I should just do one way. :D Do you think I can safely back up just by looking at the LCD monitor? Or is this camera designed just to check it when you have an object so close?

Do YOU feel you can safely back up with just the camera and mirrors? I don't--especially when pulling out of parking space in a lot.