Couple Problems With Ls400

Kanos

I recently purchased a 1993 ls400 I love the car and it drives great, uns great, and looks great. There are some problems though, and i think they are all electronic.

Problems:

- Switches on the window master control on drivers side. They will bring the windows down but not back up. Except for the drviers window itself.

- The dash lights for the instrument cluster do not work when it is cold, it has to warm up. Not to big of a deal only takes about ten minutes but still.

- I dont know how to turn off the K40 radar detector, the beeps are driving me crazy.

- The heated seats do not work. The switches seem to turn on but now heat residuates from them.

I was just wondering if there are any simple things you can do to fix these problems. Other than those this car makes me happy.

The door switch problem is all over this forum. Do a search. Basically you need 2 screwdrivers. Pop the drivers switch, remove the wood/plastic covers, stretch the springs, lubricate the switches. If it still hangs up after reinstall, spray the guts with PB blaster. It works, I know not why.

Look right above your post-the cluster problem is discussed ad nauseum. Jim Walker charged me $225 incl shipping-he provides removal/reinstall instructions. Works like a top...BTW-The cluster will only get worse if you don't have it reworked. I guess some members have done the work themselves for little cost-wish I was a Handy Guy...